A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By djronnieb65
There we go then another innings defeat
Total and utter shambles
No effort made by any batsman this morning to make respectable score
All out for 78 and 5 wickets taken by a 42 year old
That just about sums it up
What excuse will Crofty come up with or is he going to resign along with Hugh Morris
One more match to go and who’s not to say that wont stretch the defeats to 11
By notgoingoutreprise
glamman wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:53 am
Have just seen we were bowled out for just 78 in the 2nd innings with Murphy again the only batsman to show any mettle.
Enough is enough as far as the people supposedly in charge are concerned.
Second time Murphy has carried his bat this season
By Nick_Glam
The only positives from this game are Murphy's effort and the fact that it emphasizes (again!) just how bad we are and just what drastic steps need to be taken.
exileKT8 liked this
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:18 pm
The only positives from this game are Murphy's effort and the fact that it emphasizes (again!) just how bad we are and just what drastic steps need to be taken.
Has to be said Murphy played and missed repeatedly last night. Better to be lucky than good.
By glammysupporter
Another horrendous and totally embarassing defeat.

We are so far behind the other counties that it is going to take more than just an odd signing or two to sort this out.

We need 3 or 4 high quality batsmen just to have a side that might be competitive, but in all honesty, who is going to want to come and play for this circus?

I am not sure (apart from a hanfull on here) that anyone cares.

We have become a multi event, and confernce venue and the eye has been taken off the core product big time.

There should be no end of season awards and the membership for next year should not go on sale until proper confirmed plans for the 2019 squad have been announced.

Incredibly sad situation.
exileKT8 liked this
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:25 pm
Nick_Glam wrote:
Has to be said Murphy played and missed repeatedly last night. Better to be lucky than good.
Sure, but considering the position we are in, scoring more than 100 and only being dismissed once is a great effort anyway it's done.
By glamman
glammysupporter wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:29 pm
Another horrendous and totally embarassing defeat.

We are so far behind the other counties that it is going to take more than just an odd signing or two to sort this out.

We need 3 or 4 high quality batsmen just to have a side that might be competitive, but in all honesty, who is going to want to come and play for this circus?

I am not sure (apart from a hanfull on here) that anyone cares.

We have become a multi event, and confernce venue and the eye has been taken off the core product big time.

There should be no end of season awards and the membership for next year should not go on sale until proper confirmed plans for the 2019 squad have been announced.

Incredibly sad situation.
The eye was taken off the ball when the plans for the new stadium were put in place. It was a mad decision and one that we may never recover from.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:34 pm
glamman wrote:
Nick_Glam wrote:
Sure, but considering the position we are in, scoring more than 100 and only being dismissed once is a great effort anyway it's done.
Don't disagree and usually you make your own luck.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:35 pm
Nick_Glam wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:34 pm
glamman wrote:

Don't disagree and usually you make your own luck.
Arnold Palmer was once described as being a very lucky golfer. His response was, " Yes, I find the harder I practice , the luckier I seem to get ".
I'm pretty it was Palmer, although others have claimed it.

I wonder how much practice Glam's batsmen get, especially considering the number of non working day's that have been available as a result of early finishes arising from numerous crushing defeats, etc. ?
By glamman
Croft: "There are young players here we are giving opportunities to and they’re fully aware they’ve got to meet us half way by giving us performances. We expect them to show signs of improvement.”

They have to be provided with the right environment in which to develop and I don't think the club has done that. It has been a problem for a number of years and the reason we don't have many players in their late 20s in the squad.
By JamesH
Hogan sounds a bit fed up.

"It's quite a deflated group coming into this last month and it was a bit of technique on this wicket which is unique with its slope, we were found wanting a bit.

"Especially as a young player, but even as a senior player such as myself, I haven't been through a trough this bad as a team in my career.

"Hopefully in a few years these guys will be seasoned players, to be frank, some of them won't be, but we'll know which is which. It's unfair on them they haven't got senior batters around them to help them, but we try to battle on with the resources we've got."

I don't blame him.
exileKT8, runinthesun liked this
By madmickeyt
chin up Glam fans, the situation was pretty dire for Kent only a short while back, the (our)turnaround has been amazing. Same has happened to a couple of other teams, Essex for example.
By sixandout
Well the chickens have come home to roost. What a great error of judgement Hugh Morris made in removing Radford and appointing Croft. It has been an unmitigated disaster, year on year. I can remember many who are now calling for both Morris and Croft to go, saying that Croft had taken level 4 coaching and was brilliant on "The Verdict", and that he was the right choice. I was and still am of the view that getting rid of Radford was a disaster waiting to happen. I take no joy in being proved right, Croft may talk a good game, but has he the personality and coaching ability to motivate young players? NO!
What's happened to the young players like Lloyd, Donald and Salter, that Radford was bringing through, giving them individual coaching, they have all gone backward. Its time for a mass clear out of the old boys club, and perhaps another look at Radford. Just a thought. He has done really well with the young and inexperienced West Indies lads.
By gmdf
exileKT8 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:17 am
You have the right idea Vetch, now when I turn on ESPN cricinfo and see the latest the best policy is to laugh,

Is Selman`s contract up at the end of the season ? For all RDBC and HM saying players need 2 years Selman was at Kent and they didn`t think he was good enough.

For the record Selman was never on the playing staff at Kent - he played for the 2nds as a trialist. In the end we opted for Sean Dickson who was on trial at the same time. FWIW I always thought he looked a useful prospect.
By gmdf
djronnieb65 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:00 pm
There we go then another innings defeat
Total and utter shambles
No effort made by any batsman this morning to make respectable score
All out for 78 and 5 wickets taken by a 42 year old
That just about sums it up
What excuse will Crofty come up with or is he going to resign along with Hugh Morris
One more match to go and who’s not to say that wont stretch the defeats to 11
Don't dis Darren - he's embarrassed lots of good batsmen in his time, and this season has 42 wickets at 17.83...
CC v Leics

We have picked the team I predicted, but really di[…]

AUSTRALIA

Eoin Morgan will not indicate to the spectators a […]

Gloucestershire

Not quite rotation as noone has been left out of t[…]