A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Murphy showing his adhesive properties at the top of the order and looks likely to bat through the majority of this innings. Bull looking similarly obdurate although dismissed as a write this - a good delivery full and straightening late - pitching on middle and hitting off.
By gmdf
Good innings today from Murphy (who likes to score runs against Kent). Tomorrow will be key - if Kent bat well they will get a good lead, but they haven't done so at home this season!
By glamman
gmdf wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:34 pm
Good innings today from Murphy (who likes to score runs against Kent). Tomorrow will be key - if Kent bat well they will get a good lead, but they haven't done so at home this season!
As I have previously said our bowlers have not had the same control as the opposition ones in recent games.
By johnwales
Yes good innings from Murphy; pity Carlson has had a poor run recently. If he had managed to build a partnership with Murphy we could have had a productive day.
I guess we are looking at another innings defeat !!
By psychocandy
Good from Murph. Hope Carlson isnt going down the Donald route - he looks good in the T20.
Alas, fully expect Kent to score a shedload and then us losing by an innings again.

Worrying about Hogan. I remember how keen he was a few years ago and now hes saying hes not sure. Thing is it cant be much fun getting tumped all the time. If we lose him we're screwed.
By glamman
psychocandy wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:34 am
Good from Murph. Hope Carlson isnt going down the Donald route - he looks good in the T20.
Alas, fully expect Kent to score a shedload and then us losing by an innings again.

Worrying about Hogan. I remember how keen he was a few years ago and now hes saying hes not sure. Thing is it cant be much fun getting tumped all the time. If we lose him we're screwed.
I'm afraid we have reached the point where the only way out is going to be someone coming along with a load of money to persuade some class players to come in and thereby retain the few good players we have. Otherwise they will soon be gone too.
By djronnieb65
It can’t be much fun especially the young players in the team losing and being thumped every match
It’s very difficult for them to improve their game under present circumstances
It doesn’t matter how much money you have any decent player will not come here
We tried to get Nash many years ago when Maynard was coach but he said we were not good enough as a team and didn’t fancy defeat after defeat
We had a much better team back then
If we have a new director of cricket in place then he could sell his dream for the club to prospective signings
This to me is the only that we will get some decent players here
So if all the coaching staff stay the same (please I hope not)then the only way we might sign some decent players is down the Kolpak route
This is not what I want to see and I don’t think many people do but the way things are at the moment this will be the only way
By glamman
djronnieb65 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:28 am
It can’t be much fun especially the young players in the team losing and being thumped every match
It’s very difficult for them to improve their game under present circumstances
It doesn’t matter how much money you have any decent player will not come here
We tried to get Nash many years ago when Maynard was coach but he said we were not good enough as a team and didn’t fancy defeat after defeat
We had a much better team back then
If we have a new director of cricket in place then he could sell his dream for the club to prospective signings
This to me is the only that we will get some decent players here
So if all the coaching staff stay the same (please I hope not)then the only way we might sign some decent players is down the Kolpak route
This is not what I want to see and I don’t think many people do but the way things are at the moment this will be the only way
Very worrying times.
By Ger27
I think the club are going to have to be very careful of under-performing again next year.

Like it or not, the City T20/100 starting in 2020 will provide enough cricket that most casual cricket fans around South Wales have any desire to watch in any given summer. If Glamorgan are expected to be rubbish going in to 2020, Sophia Gardens will be a morgue even for the County T20 competition.
By exileKT8
Congratulation Zak Crawley on his 1st hundred in 31 innings like many others finding the Glammy bowling to his liking. As others point out on here it`s not just the batting that is below other counties.
By Vetchetarian
22/2. Cook continues to impress with a sparkling 14. That's six innings and 100% failure. How good is that? Selman 0, but who cares ?

The only question now is, can Kent get the other 8 wickets before stumps. I do hope so.
By notgoingoutreprise
psychocandy wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:34 am

Apparently Carlson is actually following Donald route and is getting out to not very good shots
By glamman
This is all very sad. We are in a hole which I currently see no way out of. The club's finances are largely responsible for the nature of the squad and I am not entirely sure what is going on in the dressing room but it cannot be a great place to be at the moment. You need a couple of players who have been there and done it that the others can get behind. Cook coming in at this stage was never going to make much difference and Hogan cannot carry it all on his own and keep churning out the overs. The way the squad has developed over recent years has been haphazard and we are paying for the failure to develop young players 10 years ago.

How will it effect sport, many players in Soccer &[…]

IPL 2019 Live TV Channels List

Star Sports to communicate live inclusion of IPL &[…]

Match Prediction Of IPL 2019 We all know that IPL[…]

ICC World Cup 2019 Live Streaming, Live Cricket Wo[…]