A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Only two more matches 😅
Forecast looks like being windy.
Not sure what changes can be made. Guess might see Murphy and Selman back as Brown and Cullen have struggled. I would just like to know why all these batsmen have gone backwards from last year?
Other player being mentioned is Callum Taylor.
Maybe we’ll see Meschede back for Wagg or Smith (if injured) although no announcement about his future. Also seems unfortunate if Lawlor asked to just carry the drinks again. Our one area of surfeit.
By Nick_Glam
I would hope that Selman and Cook would be given a shot together at the top of the order.

They may well both fail again, but that is the only combination that I can imagine ever having a ghost of a chance of being a successful opening partnership within our squad.
By johnwales
The guys carrying the drinks have excelled !!! Not one has been dropped throughout the season. !!!
By lonwel93
There are opportunities out there but sundry retirements as well so lots of competition for players.
Bring back Selman v Kent and add CZ Taylor rest Brown and Cullen.
Recruitment priority is an opener whether or not Cook returns And a No 3 and 4.

More playfully I see the "other" Callum Taylor has been released by his county...
By exileKT8
Might be a poisoned chalice to offer Selman and Murphy a return against Henry. Could be another fixture where a player`s reputation is better served by not playing. Kent didn`t think Selman was good enough so it would be a good venue for him to succeed.

TWrex on other posts on here states most games at Canterbury have finished in 2 days this season, without Glammy being involved. Don`t make plans for days 3 and 4 and put Matt Henry in your Fantasy teams. I suppose we will have the option of bowling first.
By glamman
Callum Taylor won't be playing tomorrow as he is involved alongside Salter in the 100 ball trials starting in Nottingham today.
By TWrex
Kent coach Matt Walker says Kent must show Glamorgan every respect & nothing less will satisfy him. It has been a season of two day cricket at Canterbury this season which leads to a coupe of problems. One for me, I have a heavy cold & will I be fit enough for tomorrow or Weds. The other for the official orderer of the pies, it must be a nightmare ordering ahead.
Of course it could all be different & the teams are still battling away late Friday afternoon.
I had the pleasure of meeting the travelling Glamorgan supporters last September, just after their appearance in 'The Cricketer' magazine, it s not easy going following a team on a poor run, I hope they have kept their spirits up.
exileKT8 liked this
By psychocandy
If you could bet would you bet on the game lasting 2 or 3 days?

Again, our best player in going have the surname RAIN.
By Simon
I guess John Williams and the Balconiers only book in for one night's hotel stay. Or perhaps they just keep the engine running.
By JamesH
glamman wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:39 am
Callum Taylor won't be playing tomorrow as he is involved alongside Salter in the 100 ball trials starting in Nottingham today.

Where did you see that? I was looking for some details about it earlier on even though it's mostly 2nd XI players.
By glamman
JamesH wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:27 pm
glamman wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:39 am

Where did you see that? I was looking for some details about it earlier on even though it's mostly 2nd XI players.
Some comments on twitter.
By TWrex
Alex Blake from the Ken squad is playing in the trials too. A very good 20/20 & 50 over cricketer, but rarely appears in the championship. If I ear any fee back I will pass ion.
By JamesH
TWrex wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:49 pm
Alex Blake from the Kent squad is playing in the trials too. A very good 20/20 & 50 over cricketer, but rarely appears in the championship. If I hear any feedback I will pass it on.

Looks like Blake scored 9. Glamorgan's Salter took 1-32 (presumably from either 15 or 20 balls) and it doesn't look like young Callum Tayor scored many.

https://twitter.com/charlie_4444/status ... 1250436096
CC v Leics

We have picked the team I predicted, but really di[…]

AUSTRALIA

Eoin Morgan will not indicate to the spectators a […]

Gloucestershire

Not quite rotation as noone has been left out of t[…]