A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Meschede added to last week’s 12.
Have to say I could never quite understand why we signed Meschede when there were other gaping holes in the squad ie batting. In the 12 we have Wagg, Smith, Meschede and Lawlor who are all potentially filling the all rounder slot but only really need one of them if Carey or De Lange were fit.
By Nick_Glam
Glad to see Meschede back and think he could be a very important player if he sticks around next season.

Obviously in the one-dayers, but also in the Championship as his presence gives the freedom to choose any 4 bowlers below him in the batting order.
By johnwales
I have never considered it before, but rumours of bad relations between coaches and players, plus other problems are probably rife amongst other counties. This may indicate why Glamorgan have to go 12,000 miles to find any one willing to sign for them.

Looking at the weather forecast for the coming week, it looks possible that days two and three could be washed out by rain; so if Gloucestershire bat first they will have a tricky task to force a win. However, Glamorgan batting first and following their seasons trend, could hand another innings victory for the visitors.

I am not sure if we have two or three games left this season, but we need to come out on top in all of them in order to promote a feeling of promise for next year. If the trend of doom continues , then at the very least Robert Croft should ' offer ' his resignation.
By JamesH
No toss - unsurprisingly Gloucestershire have elected to bowl.

After Cook's brief outing last week his first aim must be to stick around until lunch. I think the reason he's here is to try and instill some confidence in the rest of the team as much as it is to score runs.

Team:

Stephen Cook
Connor Brown
Tom Cullen
Kiran Carlson
David Lloyd
Chris Cooke(wk)
Graham Wagg
Ruaidhri Smith
Timm van der Gugten
Kieran Bull
Michael Hogan(c)
By JamesH
Nick_Glam wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:19 am
Now 21-5.

Very good bowling, to be fair, but also very little resistance.

Same in-swinging ball that got Carlson. This one maybe a bit high but probably the right decision.

In other news Cook (the other one) has passed 50 for England and is looking set with Root on 32*. India there for taking today!
By runinthesun
Planned to go to support this afternoon. Difficult to make the effort.... I really do wish Glammy all the best, but just don't understand what's going on. Team must feel dreadful.
By JamesH
runinthesun wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:22 am
Planned to go to support this afternoon. Difficult to make the effort.... I really do wish Glammy all the best, but just don't understand what's going on. Team must feel dreadful.

Absolutely. I'm beyond frustration now, its more like acceptance. I agree it must be hard for the players who probably feel awful. The ones who are good enough are all out of nick, and then there are those who aren't good enough and have been thrust into a difficult situation.

I enjoyed Cooke's interview on the website this week which feels honest, and he talks about taking responsibility.

http://www.glamorgancricket.com/cricket ... again.html
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]