A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By blackmoon
Let's face it: we are the laughing stock of cricket. Embarrassingly low scores, coupled with below par bowling.
Something has to change dramatically before next season, or wo might as well go down to the minor league.
By Nick_Glam
To be fair, most of the players who have been signed so far would have either been wrong for us or unattainable.

I would expect us to have to go down the foreigner route again as we did with Goodwin and Walters and also think we have to look at every other avenue including Ireland/Scotland/Holland etc., released players and loan signings.

The one thing that should make things a fraction easier (clutching at straws here) is that the only players we should be considering are top order batsmen. Everyone else can be discounted immediately.
By exileKT8
Can I throw a wicket taking spin bowler in there as well Nick unless we think Bull will make it. Is Bull`s batting and fielding good enough for 1 day game ? Lilley might be a good signing for Leics in all formats.
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:21 am
Can I throw a wicket taking spin bowler in there as well Nick unless we think Bull will make it. Is Bull`s batting and fielding good enough for 1 day game ? Lilley might be a good signing for Leics in all formats.
Not sure there is much point given the timing of Championship games. Nothing in it for finger spinners. Lilley has only played 14 1st class games at the age of 27. He has played 70 T20s in an all-rounder role. Salter has done well in white ball cricket and Bull needs to play more.
By Nick_Glam
exileKT8 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:21 am
In an ideal world, that would be great but I really doubt the budget would stretch that far.

And Salter did do well in the one-dayers as Glamman said.

Plus, the spinner might be one of the only Welsh players in the team next season! :)
By glamman
Meschede has signed a 2 year deal for all formats. He might have been someone who would have moved given the opportunity. My guess is other counties might have offered him a white ball contract.
runinthesun liked this
By exileKT8
Interesting, I think Mescede could yet make a decent County career in Div 2 but more as a batsman who can bowl than a bowling all rounder. Others on here will have seen more of him than me in the 4 day game but stats seem to suggest he is a better bat than Wagg and Smith but not as good a bowler. Can`t any Div 1 counties would want him other than as Glamman suggests solely as white ball player.
By bobbly4
Pleased- and more than a little relieved- that Meschede has signed for 2 years. Rumours that he was leaving had me worried. He merits being given his contract.
By Nick_Glam
Pleased that he's staying.

Obviously more suited to the shorter formats, but I would be happy for him to start as our number 7 in the Championship too.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:34 pm
Pleased that he's staying.

Obviously more suited to the shorter formats, but I would be happy for him to start as our number 7 in the Championship too.
Will be between him and Smith. I think Smith is a better batsman than he has been given the opportunity to show coming in at 8 or lower. If he came in at 7 I would expect him to start scoring more runs.

How will it effect sport, many players in Soccer &[…]

IPL 2019 Live TV Channels List

Star Sports to communicate live inclusion of IPL &[…]

Match Prediction Of IPL 2019 We all know that IPL[…]

ICC World Cup 2019 Live Streaming, Live Cricket Wo[…]