A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
I'm really tired of hearing about all these off-field going ons.

Yorkshire's cricket correspondent Jim Kilburn used to refuse to write about off-field matters and often found them very depressing. I feel the same. There's a great section in Kilburn's autobiography where he was dismayed to see Geoff Boycott embroiled in a public quarrel, and he "took his pessimism for a walk".

However, he stumbled across a club cricket match taking place, which revived his spirits.

Thank goodness the new season is just 16 days away.
PaulTavs wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:43 am
I'm really tired of hearing about all these off-field going ons.

Yorkshire's cricket correspondent Jim Kilburn used to refuse to write about off-field matters and often found them very depressing. I feel the same. There's a great section in Kilburn's autobiography where he was dismayed to see Geoff Boycott embroiled in a public quarrel, and he "took his pessimism for a walk".

However, he stumbled across a club cricket match taking place, which revived his spirits.

Thank goodness the new season is just 16 days away.
A concern that these big decisions for cricket in this country are being made by an organisation with big question marks hanging over its Governance.
Sorry to hark back to off field matters but having just read the statement on the web site regarding the improved financial status of the club - http://www.glamorgancricket.com/cricket ... ments.html

I can understand why non-Test ground counties might be a bit upset to see the sentence:
Following discussions with the ECB the Club decided not to apply to host Test matches during the 2020 to 2024 period in return for a compensation payment of £2.5m.

Smacks somewhat of EU Agricultural policy - getting paid to do nothing.

I am not sure we have heard the end of this.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]