A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By exileKT8
Continuing the good news, the ESPN reporter states Glammy have the feeling of a club going in the right direction....
hujon64 liked this
By Vetchetarian
exileKT8 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:55 am Continuing the good news, the ESPN reporter states Glammy have the feeling of a club going in the right direction....
Perhaps he was thinking about their political leanings. 😀
By glamman
Still trying to work out why you need to play just 2 proper seamers when Salter is coming in at 9.
By hujon64
I don’t profess to have the know-how or cricketing brain/experience of playing or coaching of others on here but I am an avid supporter and tend to be optimistic. I see lots of good things happening this season, even if inconsistent and like to give praise when due. Reaching the middle tier of the County Championship when given no chance by pundits was a really good achievement, OK, we have not performed well in this tier but we don’t have Labuschagne or Neser now which is a loss. Winning the 50 over trophy for the first time was tremendous. T20 very disappointing but 2 out of 3 competitions is pretty good. It seems that every time we do badly, people call for heads to roll but little praise when things go well!!! As we all wanted, lots of players given opportunities so well done for that. Also, let’s remember we are not one of the wealthy counties so limited fund means limited signings. Understand lots of good youngsters coming through the new Pathway system so let's hope some of them make it. Looking forward to the debut of Horton who has been outstanding in u19 with w/k and batting - Another Wallace in the making hopefully! Also heard of a 14 year old from Abergavenny Tom Norton so will follow him with interest. Meanwhile, excellent batting over last few days so well done all!
By glamman
Should have declared by now. Given our limited bowling resources, even if we bowl them out in a reasonable time, we will need to bat again to give the bowlers a rest. Seem to remember, earlier on in the season, batting on to allow Cooke to reach a milestone.
By glamman
Great knock from Cooke but his captaincy is as aimless as it often seems to be. Should have declared before now.
By Shamu
glamman wrote:Should have declared by now. Given our limited bowling resources, even if we bowl them out in a reasonable time, we will need to bat again to give the bowlers a rest. Seem to remember, earlier on in the season, batting on to allow Cooke to reach a milestone.
Safe to assume you’re a single male, as your constant whinging would be intolerable.

Try looking at the positives for once - life’s too short !
By duckworthlewis
Due to work commitments i've only been able to watch / listen to a couple of hours play per day for the first 2 days, but has it been mentioned at any time that it's a terrible pitch as its so easy to play on ?
By Glamno1
glamman wrote:Great knock from Cooke but his captaincy is as aimless as it often seems to be. Should have declared before now.

What a load of trash bat for 1.75days & then bowl out sides twice is the way to win , If we dec @ 500 then got bowl side out twice for under 250 very unlikely.

People moan on ere when we get 650 & moan when we get 150 …… wot do u want :doh:
By glamman
If all you want from the game is a draw then that’s fine. Given our attack then seems like that would be the intention. However I would like to think that after reaching 500 we are looking at how to win the game. Not going to bowl Surrey out quickly so whatever happens, not going to enforce a follow on as limited bowling attack would be knackered. Therefore have to bat in 3rd innings. Not as though we were trying to score any faster after passing 550.
Just my thoughts. Am very happy that our batsmen have scored runs even on a flat pitch. We have crumbled recently on equally good pitches. Am just a little against “settling”.
By glamman
Pleased to see McIlroy getting his figures into respectability.
Looks like Glamorgan may be in the field for the rest of the game unless Surrey make a charge and then try to bowl Glamorgan out in the last session.
Not helping ourselves with two catches put down this morning.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]