A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By hujon64
Lots of ticket sales refunded as Welsh Gov regulations on permissible numbers different to England, hence far fewer nos and more spread out as seen. Not anything Glamorgan can do until Welsh rules further relaxed in August.
By duckworthlewis
hujon64 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:59 pm Lots of ticket sales refunded as Welsh Gov regulations on permissible numbers different to England, hence far fewer nos and more spread out as seen. Not anything Glamorgan can do until Welsh rules further relaxed in August.
Yep, read the reports of people having their tickets cancelled at short notice, losing out on hotel costs etc. Still, vote Labour, get Dickford. Like my brother said to me the other day - Welsh people are thick.
By glamman
Could move the games to Bristol or Taunton? At least Somerset and Gloucestershire players involved.
By Vetchetarian
Vetchetarian wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:18 am
duckworthlewis wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:03 pm
hujon64 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:59 pm Lots of ticket sales refunded as Welsh Gov regulations on permissible numbers different to England, hence far fewer nos and more spread out as seen. Not anything Glamorgan can do until Welsh rules further relaxed in August.
Yep, read the reports of people having their tickets cancelled at short notice, losing out on hotel costs etc. Still, vote Labour, get Dickford. Like my brother said to me the other day - Welsh people are thick.
Or perhaps your brother is " thick ". Ever thought of that ? He's also a racist. A thick racist.
By exileKT8
glamman wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:07 pm Could move the games to Bristol or Taunton? At least Somerset and Gloucestershire players involved.
You would think the tournament organisers might be thinking the same if the commercial success of a tournament that so much depends on for the ECB is having to play games before reduced crowds.
By duckworthlewis
[/quote]

Or perhaps your brother is " thick ". Ever thought of that ? He's also a racist. A thick racist.
[/quote]

To be fair, he was pretty spot on in his statement with regards to why it was said and I had no come back at all. Nothing. I guess he must be a thick racist against himself and me though, as we are both Welsh.
By glamman
27,000 at Lords tonight compared to 3,000 at Sophia Gardens on Tuesday. What are we playing at in Wales?
By glamman
Bit odd this evening- TvdG down as batting at 11 and then didn’t get a bowl.
By duckworthlewis
glamman wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:18 pm Bit odd this evening- TvdG down as batting at 11 and then didn’t get a bowl.
Yes, i watched it (on Sky sports mix, so was free) on the basis he was playing, but he didn't do much !
By duckworthlewis
glamman wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:07 pm 27,000 at Lords tonight compared to 3,000 at Sophia Gardens on Tuesday. What are we playing at in Wales?
Drakeford. Labour. Should be banned from Sophia Gardens.
By Vetchetarian
duckworthlewis wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:45 pm
glamman wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:07 pm 27,000 at Lords tonight compared to 3,000 at Sophia Gardens on Tuesday. What are we playing at in Wales?
Oh dear, here we go again.

Is this you, or your " thick " brother speaking ? Or both ?
By duckworthlewis
Vetchetarian wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:19 pm

Did I get something wrong then ? The size of the crowds allowed in Wales is nothing to do with Drakeford ? Johnson's fault is it ?
By Vetchetarian
duckworthlewis wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:14 pm
Vetchetarian wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:19 pm

Did I get something wrong then ? The size of the crowds allowed in Wales is nothing to do with Drakeford ? Johnson's fault is it ?
It's to keep people like you safe.

If he allowed the kind of attendances that you and like minded people crave, and the infection/death rate jumped up alarmingly, you would be on his back for being too rash.

He is in a lose/lose situation.

Are cricket match attendances the ONLY thing on your mind ?

Thank goodness we have someone running the show who exhibits at least a modicum of common sense, and sees the broader picture.

What have you, and your brothrr, done to ensure the well being of the Nation ? Whingeing doesn't count. 😁
Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]