A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:42 pm I think Nick Webb is generally pretty good and usually works well with colleagues from other counties.
I agree with you, but today he was really below par..

I know it's difficult commentating on a sport where things can be quite sedate, and commentators feel the need to fill every second of coverage, but it's not necessarily required. Less can be more, and the less you say, the more likely you are to get things right, thereby eliminating the awful gaffes which are so infuriating. Think Richie Benaud, Brian Johnstone, John Arlott, and a host of others who graced their roles. Not a word wasted, and I can't remember a single gaffe.

You criticised Edward Bevan many times this season, and I sprang to his defence. Apologies for that, you were right in your assessment. It appears he may have dragged Nick Webb down to his level.

I don't like dissing people, but there comes a time .... 😁
By glamman
Shamu wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:53 pm
glamman wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:38 pm The WNC spinners bowled much better than the Glamorgan ones.
The WNC seamers out bowled the Glamorgan lads.

Thoughts on Ruaidhri Smith, Glamman ?
Huge risk taking the field with a bowler who is so injury prone.
Walker looked no better than Carey or Edwards.

Paucity of depth in Glamorgan squad is woeful - and to be honest, didn’t see anyone in WNC team who would improve things - except possibly Reingold (although some reservations over his technique).
Yes. Might be his last appearance.
By exileKT8
Those on here who see and hear more than I say Carey has a problem with application, attitude and fitness.

Whilst I don`t doubt this, and don`t suggest he is answer to Glammy`s many problems, he does seem able to take wickets and score runs quickly, something not many of the Glamorgan 1st X1 are currently managing.
By exileKT8
Gla mmy favourites with William Hill and Warwicks fans on twitter complaining about their weak team which they think will get hammered ? :eh: :eh: ?
By Vetchetarian
exileKT8 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:02 am Gla mmy favourites with William Hill and Warwicks fans on twitter complaining about their weak team which they think will get hammered ? :eh: :eh: ?
Good morning exile.

I understand that most teams are severely weakened in this tournament.

Early overs not showing Carey in too good a light. Very wayward. Do we actually have a bowling coach ?
By JamesH
Joe Cooke bowling within the first 20 overs really highlights how light we are on seamers. Douthwaite and VdG are away with the 100 and Smith is injured (again / still?). Has Neser flown back to Aus?

Somewhat controversially I do rate Taylor as a spinner in white ball cricket, perhaps more than Salter, though nowhere near penetrating enough for red ball. He bowls decent lines and lengths and can keep things tight. I hope his batting comes along though, as after his 100 on debut he has scored a couple of scratchy 50s and not much else.

I think Reingold is a good bat and I can see him batting top three in the red ball side next season perhaps. I'm unsure how the management see him.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing how the young players perform in this one day tournament. Hopefully one or two put their hands up and show that they can perform consistently for the first team.
By glamman
Not sure if the Glamorgan selection committee have ever watch a game at Sophia Gardens but one spinner?????????????
By exileKT8
Good afternoon Vetch

Just surprised the Bookies make us favourites for anything and more surprised Warwicks were filled with doom but I guess they don`t follow Glammy as closely as we do.

Sounds a good effort by Cooke.
By Vetchetarian
exileKT8 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:18 pm Good afternoon Vetch

Just surprised the Bookies make us favourites for anything and more surprised Warwicks were filled with doom but I guess they don`t follow Glammy as closely as we do.

Sounds a good effort by Cooke.
Making Glam favourites to lose would make more sense. 😃

Is it my imagination, or are fielders far less accurate with their returns to the w/keeper
than in days of yore, especially when attempting run outs ?

222 won't be easy to chase down.
By glamman
Good from Hogan and Cookie. Far too many poor balls from the other bowlers. Carey not the great white hope? :)
By glamman
Pleased for Carlson after Tuesday with a captain's knock. Don't need highly paid superstars for an exciting game of cricket. Not the highest standard but something to build upon.
By Neverout
Bookies eh ? What do they know ?

Thought the captaincy today was a step up with less regimented bowling changes and fields.

Good exciting game and a win. One down seven to go.
Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]

THE HUNDRED

Delighted to see that we are trying out the captai[…]

Royal London

A new competition and hopefully better fortune. We[…]

Royal London 50 Over Competition

Starts tomorrow v Glamorgan.