A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Sam Pearce is not someone I have seen much of but seems to be scoring a lot of runs at the moment as well as captaining the WNC team. Bowls useful leg breaks tool. Not sure if he will break through - only 23?
Anyone got any more insight?

A 16 year old from Abergavenny called Ben Morris also playing for the 2's today. Great to see!
By glamman
glamman wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:49 am Sam Pearce is not someone I have seen much of but seems to be scoring a lot of runs at the moment as well as captaining the WNC team. Bowls useful leg breaks tool. Not sure if he will break through - only 23?
Anyone got any more insight?

A 16 year old from Abergavenny called Ben Morris also playing for the 2's today. Great to see!
Morris finishes with an excellent 4/20 off 3 overs. One for the future?
By glamman
2nds scrape home thanks to a hard hitting 37* from Roman Walker.
By glamman
Hogan playing for the 2nds in their 4 day game this week. Must be all hands on deck with the COVID withdrawals.
By exileKT8
So with our lack of bowling experience why isn`t he in the squad v Surrey ?

Easy to make decisions sat here behind a keyboard but again with that lack of experienced bowlers and the fact we were playing on a used wicket at Radlett yesterday might Salter have been worth a go.
By glamman
Salter not in the 12 man squad for tonight. You would have thought with the pitches that have been on offer in Cardiff he should be there, especially with no Labuschagne. With his contract up for renewal and him not getting a place now in the T20 side as well as the 4 day one, his position must be under threat. Unfortunately another homegrown player who may not have reached his full potential. He has not been quite as effective this season in the T20 with just 4 wickets and going at 9.31. However he would play if I was selecting the team - which I am not!

With regard to Hogan, I assume a decision was made that he would not play T20 and as most coaches seem pretty stubborn once they have made a decision, I don't expect any changes. I agree that given the unavailability of key players it could be revisited.

The 12 for today's game looks very lightweight. Root has failed repeatedly in T20 and I hope Pearce starts in his place. Also offers a bit of leg spin. Otherwise a lot of pressure on the likes of TvdG and Sisodiya. Douthwaite has been a real positive in this competition with bat and ball.
I thought Walker did well at Radlett until he bowled his 3rd over in a row, which should never have happened. Weighell is not good enough, having taken just 1 wicket and gone at 10.5. Great effort with the bat on Sunday but his main job is as a bowler. If he plays because of his batting then it has to be in place of a batsman. Do not select bowlers on the basis of the runs they might score.
I still advocate that Smith has shown himself to be the best bowler in this format, in the absence of Neser. It has been repeatedly said if you listen to the commentary from Powell et al. Just has a bit more pace than the others (watch the last ball of the 14th over in the game against Middx at Sophia Gardens). I am sure I will be shot down again by saying this but I suggest you go to You Tube and watch the 19th over he bowled against Essex or the 18th at home against Middlesex. Hopefully he will be fit soon.
By Shamu
Neser also leaving at conclusion of T20’s apparently.
By Glamorganmorgan
I guess with the Australian pre-season roughly starting in August, with quarantines and some time off, looks like a reasonable juncture to leave at.

Also, congratulations to Kiran Carlson and David Harrison on their appointments.
By Shamu
I see the South Wales Argus headline referred to David Harrison as “Glamorgan great ….”. Not sure even his Mum would have used that epithet.
exileKT8 liked this
By glamman
Neser signed until end of 2023. Good signing as long as he is available. I assume this is what Shamu was referring to. However does not change strength of current squad.
By glamman
Looks like we will have Labuschagne, Neser and Ingram again next year. Will be in the ridiculous situation again where the strongest team will include Labuschagne and Neserbut we will be stuck with fielding Ingram to justify the money being spent on him.
By exileKT8
glamman wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:24 pm Looks like we will have Labuschagne, Neser and Ingram again next year. Will be in the ridiculous situation again where the strongest team will include Labuschagne and Neserbut we will be stuck with fielding Ingram to justify the money being spent on him.
Assume then that Glammy`s finances are sound ? Bucking the trends in cricket and other sport barring Premiership football.
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:18 pm
glamman wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:24 pm Looks like we will have Labuschagne, Neser and Ingram again next year. Will be in the ridiculous situation again where the strongest team will include Labuschagne and Neserbut we will be stuck with fielding Ingram to justify the money being spent on him.
Assume then that Glammy`s finances are sound ? Bucking the trends in cricket and other sport barring Premiership football.
I hardly think they are sound. Poor decision making when it comes to giving contracts out.

As I'm sure many cricket supporters know, there ar[…]

Royal London

A new competition and hopefully better fortune. We[…]

If you are new to the forum why not announce your […]

Sonny Baker

Anyone else watched Sonny Baker, who is just 18, […]