A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
"Rules is Rules!"
Not a lot about the management of COVID has made that much sense. My understanding is that spectators will be allowed back in a few weeks in certain grounds.
By glamman
psychocandy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:18 am For a county game historically, you could social distance about 50m!
I guess that in certain parts of the country there might be quite a lot of spectators, especially in the absence of any other sport to go and watch.
By psychocandy
Gettting tons of emails for the Hundred telling me its almost sold out etc.

Not a mention of Covid or restrictions etc.

Have I missed something? I thought nothing was decided yet with regards to sport. Seems a bit off to be telling people to buy tickets just yet.
By glamman
Announcement that up to 1000 members allowed back into the ground on 3rd June. Have we still got 1000 members? Have 1000 people watched first class cricket at the ground in the recent past?
I doubt the club would have specified 1000 members vs 1000 fans if there weren't a 1000 members... but every time I've popped down it can't be more than 500. I wonder if there'll be a bit of a bounce with most people not witnessing any live cricket for over 18 months?
By psychocandy
So 10,000 allowed in wales from next week.

I'm assuming that means Glamorgan are going to let fans in now.

Previous years its been fairly full for the T20. I wonder about the Hundred this year.

Sophia Gardens capacity is 15000. Could be a problem if they've sold over 10000 - who do they let in?
By glamman
psychocandy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:45 am So 10,000 allowed in wales from next week.

I'm assuming that means Glamorgan are going to let fans in now.

Previous years its been fairly full for the T20. I wonder about the Hundred this year.

Sophia Gardens capacity is 15000. Could be a problem if they've sold over 10000 - who do they let in?
Seriously!
I don't think there has ever been 10,00 for a T20 game in Cardiff. I assume we won't need the ridiculous testing regime next week. Don't think Drakeford is someone you would line up behind in a fight.

Question is how many tickets sold for the T20 internationals. The first is under 3 weeks away.
By psychocandy
I think they have had over 10k a few times to be honest.....

The Hundred (if its to be believed) website tells me tickets are running out. I think a lot of this is an attempt to whip up a bit of a storm....
Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]

Apparently, if you buy two tickets you can't set n[…]

T20

Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might b[…]

T20 2021

We get underway in front of the cameras v Worcs on[…]