A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By hujon64
Someone hinted a few days ago that we might have a new signing and I feel this is a good, short-term one due to injuries and waiting for Neser. Available immediately for Northants match which is good news and is an experienced professional with Glamorgan history. Cross fingers he does well as, again, we’ve had bad luck with the late arrival of our overseas players and early season injuries.
By JamesH
Given the smaller squad we have this year and the injuries to Smith, VdG, McIlroy, as well as Neser not being available yet, I think this is the most sensible short term option.

How nice it will be to have him back wearing a Glamorgan badge!
By Glamorganmorgan
JamesH wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:29 am Given the smaller squad we have this year and the injuries to Smith, VdG, McIlroy, as well as Neser not being available yet, I think this is the most sensible short term option.

A James H replying to a post about a James H! Insider info..? ;)
By JamesH
Glamorganmorgan wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:36 am
JamesH wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:29 am Given the smaller squad we have this year and the injuries to Smith, VdG, McIlroy, as well as Neser not being available yet, I think this is the most sensible short term option.

A James H replying to a post about a James H! Insider info..? ;)

I have quite a few years on young Mr Harris unfortunately!
By glamman
Sensible signing. Will come in for TvdG and then decision between Walker and Weighell. Will they give Weighell another chance or cut their losses and bring Walker in?
Hundred from Cooke yesterday. Will he come in at the top of the order? Problem then is who to leave out. Straight swap for Selman, but I think they are hoping he will come good as the only recognised opener. However cannot reallydrop any of the other batsmen as they have all scored some runs. Will be interesting to see tomorrow.
Also see Cullen finished on 68 not out.
Last edited by glamman on Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By glamman
eastsidedevil wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:03 pm Very welcome news, can't imagine Messrs Walker and Carey feel the same way
Always going to need spare seamers as they will get injured. Maybe an opportunity for Walker tomorrow. If Weighell plays he will need a good performance or we will then see Walker in the next game.
Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]

Glamorgan v Yorkshire

Just had a look at the forecast for the week .... […]