A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
I'm going to completely contradict my previous comments and say that as the corona situation is still so difficult to predict, I would go with the cheapest possible squad for next season (at this stage). A bunch of football teams spent a lot handing out new contracts over the summer and are now regretting it.

That would mean releasing Cullen, as Horton could probably come in to bat at number 7 or even number 8 if they wanted to take the pressure off.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:36 pm I'm going to completely contradict my previous comments and say that as the corona situation is still so difficult to predict, I would go with the cheapest possible squad for next season (at this stage). A bunch of football teams spent a lot handing out new contracts over the summer and are now regretting it.

That would mean releasing Cullen, as Horton could probably come in to bat at number 7 or even number 8 if they wanted to take the pressure off.
I couldn't work out if Horton has left school and therefore whether he would be available early season if needed.
By hujon64
I think Horton is in public school and just started A levels but not certain. He would have longer holidays than state schools. I remember Wallace in state school was about 17 doing A levels as a story of him being picked up at the school gates to travel to play in first team when Shaw injured in the middle of a match and Maynard filling in. Kept his place, didn’t take up University place and gained his qualifications years later.
By exileKT8
Good news that Hogan is with us for another year, let`s hope for a `normal` season for Hogan to be given the send off he undoubtedly deserves.

Good words from MW on BBC website.
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:34 pm Good news that Hogan is with us for another year, let`s hope for a `normal` season for Hogan to be given the send off he undoubtedly deserves.

Good words from MW on BBC website.
Sensible move. No news about De Lange or Wagg. I really do not see the need to resign Wagg.
By hujon64
I echo the words of others on here re Hogan and the summing up by MW of his dedication and contribution to Glamorgan over the years. Long may he continue to ‘perform’ for us and encourage and mentor youngsters - am sure his benefit year will be a huge success! Waiting on news of deLange’s eligibility which is out of our hands. Interesting as to what exactly Wagg may have been offered - basic with payment by performance maybe based on this year’s statistics - any ideas anyone! Also, is Hemphrey out of contract?
By glamman
hujon64 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 pm I echo the words of others on here re Hogan and the summing up by MW of his dedication and contribution to Glamorgan over the years. Long may he continue to ‘perform’ for us and encourage and mentor youngsters - am sure his benefit year will be a huge success! Waiting on news of deLange’s eligibility which is out of our hands. Interesting as to what exactly Wagg may have been offered - basic with payment by performance maybe based on this year’s statistics - any ideas anyone! Also, is Hemphrey out of contract?
Hemphrey is out of contract
By Nick_Glam
Hopefully it will be a positive to still have Hogan for next year, and obviously can't begrudge him a new contract considering how well he has performed for years.

I presume he may be on reduced terms as I wouldn't expect him to play more than about half of the 4-day games, and he may or may not play in the one-dayers.
By glamman
It appears that the club are still trying to clarify De Lange's status. In theory he had a contract until next year. TvdG needs a new one but seems his position regarding work is clearer so expect that to be sorted out.
Interesting that no announcement regarding Wagg despite his claims.
Also nothing about Cullen.
By exileKT8
Another big innings from Labuschagne but no Hemphrey in the Queensland team.
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:38 pm Another big innings from Labuschagne but no Hemphrey in the Queensland team.
Hemphrey was released by Queensland at the end of last season
By exileKT8
Thanks, tense times for the young man with his Glammy contract up.

With Australia`s hardening travel stance re Covid will cricketers be allowed to travel next season ?
By glamman
I see that Selman has served his time in quarantine and is back playing on the Sunshine Coast. Don't think he has had a bat yet.

Cosgrove released by Leics. Says he is keen to keep playing but at 36 I am not sure he is the right fit particularly as he is not someone who gives himself the best chance fitness wise.

Will wait to see if Shamu's knowledge is accurate about a new all-rounder. Personally I would rather see an opening batsman.
By glamman
Cullen given another year. Think he will be released when Horton becomes fully available as his batting has been poor this season.

The BBC website says:
"Meanwhile, Glamorgan have confirmed that seamer Timm van der Gugten and batsman Charlie Hemphrey will continue with the club next season.
Both have triggered clauses in their contracts earning them another season, on the basis of performances in the last two seasons."

Interesting that there is nothing about this on the Glamorgan website. Having to pay Hemphrey may limit the ability to get another opener. Would have expected them to want to keep TvdG.

Still uncertainty about De Lange and that just leaves Sisodiya as far as I can work out.
By glamman
This is the squad as I see it with the year their contrcat will expire:
Sisodiya ?
TvdG 2021
Hogan 2021
Cullen 2021
Hemphrey 2021
Cooke 2021
Lloyd 2021
Salter 2021
Douthwaite 2021
Smith 2021