A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By hujon64
Unbelievable and so exciting. Thought we were down and out when lost 3 quick wickets in 17/18th overs and 2 new batsmen. Dream finish for Douthwaite with 3 sixes in the last over but mention to others who performed so well at the top. Lloyd has been a great influence in getting a good start and good to end our season in a very positive manner. Thank you everyone for your chat on here and to the players for giving us the ups and downs. Now to see who stays and goes and any new signings for next year. On to Liverpool v Chelsea now!
Last edited by hujon64 on Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By glamman
Wasn’t able to watch/hear any of the game but shows what we can do. Do not understand why Selman didn’t play from the start and getting Lloyd back was important.
Hats off to Douthwaite for hitting top gear straight away. Looks like it was a good batting track. Although I wouldn’t select Douthwaite to bowl, the bowling plans appear to be far too rigid. In earlier games when pace off was best we didn’t use the additional spin options we had and today when the spinners were getting clattered why didn’t Douthwaite or Lloyd bowl an over.
Smith, TvdG and Wagg have kept things reasonably under control over the last few games and the spin duo have been effective in most games. Salter has been a bit more expensive than usual.
A good way to end the season and we have the makings of a team with a couple of additions not to mention Marnus.
Not too long to the beginning of next season.
By lonwel93
Not that I can claim any credit, but that's the second victory I predicted before the Gloucestershire match. Not only that but I suggested that Douthwaite forget about bowling...glad he had a bat with him, though.

Anxious time for some players, no doubt, but at least they finished the season in the best way.

Hopefully, a more normal season to come.

Good health to all those who have either posted on here or read the posts or even both!?!
By glamman
Selman on interview rightly sounds aggrieved that he wasn’t in the T20 side from the start. There have certainly been some bizarre selections this season which Maynard is responsible for.
I understand more catches dropped again today.
By exileKT8
The best we could hope for in this strange season was some green shoots of recovery.

Taylor`s ton v Northants and he could be a good 5/6 who can turn his arm over.

Sisodiya in white ball.

TVDG steady bowling and showing he can hold a bat.

Selman white ball opener

Lloyd`s progress.

Smith if he can stay fit.

Douthwaite I hope has got that X factor, like a young Botham and Stokes he takes wickets with bad balls and as we saw today can hit.

Cooke`s batting. hope Hants or Warwicks don`t show an interest.

Stay safe everyone.
By Nick_Glam
Good that we finished with a couple of wins and a little positivity, although that obviously doesn't paper over all of the cracks.

I still think that a new opening batsman and a seamer are required for next season but if we get them in, the squad won't be looking too bad.
Coaching staff

Is it time to look at our coaching staff from bott[…]

2021 season

3 leagues for CC next year. We are in with Kent, Y[…]

Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]