A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
First they announce that Smith and Starc will likely miss part of the competition and now Smith is made captain. Slightly odd.
By glamman
I wonder if there will be clear seperation between the Welsh Fire and Glamorgan? Will announcements regarding the Fire continue to be posted on the Glamorgan website?
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: ↑Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:00 pm I wonder if there will be clear seperation between the Welsh Fire and Glamorgan? Will announcements regarding the Fire continue to be posted on the Glamorgan website?
Presumably.
By Bubbles
I have always said that Glamorgan should just take the Β£1 million pounds for hosting and leave the marketing to someone else. They have already aimed at Glam members, who, if this site is anything to go by, made it quite clear that they will have a very limited interest. Therefore the target market is completely wrong which does not surprise me. Glamorgan have also made it very difficult for non members to buy tickets which could be their priority. As I have stated in previous posts there is an area that would be quite easy to tap in to but we are all wondering who would benefit. All very confusing to me and the total situation is as clear as mud. πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄πŸ˜·πŸ˜΄πŸπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
By glamman
Bubbles wrote: ↑Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:39 pm I have always said that Glamorgan should just take the Β£1 million pounds for hosting and leave the marketing to someone else. They have already aimed at Glam members, who, if this site is anything to go by, made it quite clear that they will have a very limited interest. Therefore the target market is completely wrong which does not surprise me. Glamorgan have also made it very difficult for non members to buy tickets which could be their priority. As I have stated in previous posts there is an area that would be quite easy to tap in to but we are all wondering who would benefit. All very confusing to me and the total situation is as clear as mud. πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄πŸ˜·πŸ˜΄πŸπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
I will certainly be going to watch Glamorgan play during this period if I have the opportunity rather than the Fire. Would be better if there was some local participants and I don't count Ingram despite the local icon mantra. His performances over the last 2 years does not warrant that label.
By Bubbles
But you would watch Selmen, Hemprey, labuschagne, De Lange, meschede, Van de Hughten, Wagg, Douthwaite, Cooke, Patel, Hogan? All good local lads!! :no: :no: :thinking:
By glamman
Bubbles wrote: ↑Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:16 pm But you would watch Selmen, Hemprey, labuschagne, De Lange, meschede, Van de Hughten, Wagg, Douthwaite, Cooke, Patel, Hogan? All good local lads!! :no: :no: :thinking:
If that was the XI then no. But would when we also have Lloyd, Carlson, Smith, Salter, Carey and Bull playing alongside them. Plus with some of the above playing in the 100 we will also see the likes of Taylor, Morgan, Sisodiya and Brown playing for Glamorgan.
By Bubbles
I am a passionate Welshman like yourself and if we're honest only Lloyd is a regular in the first team and may have been thought about for the hundred. Much as I would like to see your named Welshmen playing more regularly it may happen but I love cricket too and the named Welsh Fire squad does excite me. Glamorgan representing Welsh cricket in name only and not by the sides selected.
By glamman
Bubbles wrote: ↑Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:54 pm I am a passionate Welshman like yourself and if we're honest only Lloyd is a regular in the first team and may have been thought about for the hundred. Much as I would like to see your named Welshmen playing more regularly it may happen but I love cricket too and the named Welsh Fire squad does excite me. Glamorgan representing Welsh cricket in name only and not by the sides selected.
I disagree about just Lloyd being in the 1st XI. Carey would be one of the rotated seamers and Smith would be the first choice all-rounder if he stays fit. He would certainly be included in the T20 team as he has been one of our best bowlers in this format over the last 2 years. He was missed in the early games last season. If Labsuchagne was not playing Bull would also be in the 1st XI as the main spinner and Salter would always be in the white ball 1st XI. Carlson has just been given a 3-year contract and I know they want him playing regularly. I expect one of these players to fill the final slot in the Welsh Fire squad if we ever get to play.
I think you are too quick to dismiss our local talent who have shown signs of maturing.
By Bubbles
I know most of the players mentioned personally although Smith is Scottish. In all honesty this subject comes up every year, picked for a few games when wickets do not suit, and then condemned to the stiffs. There is plenty of talent in Wales but when coach's futures are on the line sadly players are overlooked. As you know I am all for a Welsh X1 where young talent can play ICC cricket and show their abilities. It would be better than second X1 cricket? :clap: :clap:
Season 2020

With the cricket season delayed until at least the[…]

The Hundred

Much as I try avoiding even thinking about this co[…]