A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Bubbles
Here I am!
Welsh cricket lover. Non Glamorgan member.
Want to follow the Welsh Fire.
What deal can you do for me? :dance: :dance: :dance:
By Bubbles
Just read Glammy website and a member can get all tickets for the 100 for £23 with a non member it would cost £40. I assume this is a political decision.
Why are the non members not getting a fair crack of the whip and the members who clearly are not in favour of the competition being pandered to.
We are spouting that we will sell out home matches and any cricket fan who knows a Glammy supporter will get their tickets from a member. Again this will throw up all sorts of distorted figures when they are totted up.
Yet another example of Glammy's inexperienced commercial team getting it all wrong but I'm sure they are already dreaming up excuses for why people didn't turn up. Shambolic and I WILL be the first to say I told you so! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
By TWrex
Early bird prices are available to members of all the county teams first. Then they are available to anyone who has registered with the official hundred website from mid feb.
So it is not a decision made by Glamorgan but the organisers. I expect they know how many members feel about the competition, but I think most, if not all, counties offer 1 day / 20-20 memberships now so they will be interested. No doubt an attempt to see how many 'traditional' supporters can be tempted to the matches. The next two months will be interesting to show how sales go and the level of them will dictate if any more discounted ticket offers will be made. It's not my cup of tea, but I will tune in to see what is on offer.
By Bubbles
Thanks for your reply although it may have come too late in this instance.
Met up with a lot of headstrong mates,the bulk(8 in total) felt they were not getting a fair crack of the whip on ticket prices, or being not treated favourably by whoever makes these decisions. The outcome was we will watch the home games on TV and hire a minibus to go to one away game. I know it all sounds very fickle but these are genuine cricket fans that were expecting more and are voting with their feet. :eh: :shame: :shame: :shame:
By gmdf
Bubbles wrote: these are genuine cricket fans that were expecting more and are voting with their feet. :eh: :shame: :shame: :shame:
You have not understood that the ECB DOESN'T WANT "genuine cricket fans". :shrug:

Go to a T20 or two played by Glamorgan - you'll be more welcome, and see better (& more meaningful) cricket too! :lol
By gmdf
Bubbles wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:10 pm What I fail to see is that a great opportunity is being badly missed
Yes, the ECB should have put more money & effort into the T20 Blast - 18 counties, not 7 cities.
By Bubbles
As I have posted earlier the franchise is the thing of the future.
Look at American sports, big cities, sold out stadiums,a better product to sell to businesses.
Can the ECB afford to bankroll 18 counties continually? Some counties will make it work and others will fall by the wayside. Total income from membership £330k
Which in our case is swallowed up by CEO, Director of coaching, Head Coach and possibly 3 or 4 players.
I know that most posters on here love the four day game but it really is not commercially viable and we are nowhere near producing test match players that the ECB expect. I expect changes because cricket is a business and not just a place where pensioners can go to get out of the house.I still can't get my head around the negativity towards the hundred with world class talent on your doorsteps and prices for Glamorgan members at bargain prices.
Again I have stated take the £1m for hosting and leave the marketing to the ECB as Glamorgan are clueless in that department. :dance: :dance: :dance:
By gmdf
Bubbles wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:39 am As I have posted earlier the franchise is the thing of the future.
Look at American sports, big cities, sold out stadiums,a better product to sell to businesses.
Can the ECB afford to bankroll 18 counties continually? Some counties will make it work and others will fall by the wayside. Total income from membership £330k
Which in our case is swallowed up by CEO, Director of coaching, Head Coach and possibly 3 or 4 players.
I know that most posters on here love the four day game but it really is not commercially viable and we are nowhere near producing test match players that the ECB expect. I expect changes because cricket is a business and not just a place where pensioners can go to get out of the house.I still can't get my head around the negativity towards the hundred with world class talent on your doorsteps and prices for Glamorgan members at bargain prices.
Again I have stated take the £1m for hosting and leave the marketing to the ECB as Glamorgan are clueless in that department. :dance: :dance: :dance:
Well, I'm not a Glamorgan supporter, and don't have an inside track on their finances.

But I don't think anyone who knows anything about UK sport and esp. Cricket can really believe that the 'franchise is the thing of the future'. It cuts down cricket to those living near 7 cities - tough if you grow up anywhere else. And to suggest that the ECB's 'hit n'giggle' 100 will produce ANY Test cricketers , let alone more than the County Championship is truly bizarre.

From what I'm reading the 100 will be played before half empty stadiums, even with the cutting of prices and ncentives being offered.

I give it 2 years. :thinking:

Let's hope when it collapses it doesn't take done any of those Test grounds who have gambled their futures on it :evillaugh:
By Bubbles
Good to hear posters' opinions.
Glamorgan's accounts can be easily accessed and do make poor reading. As in rugby union where the game is flourishing at national level, with sell out stadia and lucrative sponsorship deals with regional rugby being heavily subsidised by the WRU and local clubs fighting over the scraps.
You have to look at Glamorgan as a business proposition and they would never survive under their own efforts. As an ex business owner I picture Glamorgan on the TV programme Dragon's Den and can picture Hugh Morris going down in the lift with his tail between his legs. I wish things could be better but it is no wonder that large Welsh companies wouldn't touch us with a barge pole.
By TAFF
Well, I’m a member who’ll be going to watch Welsh Fire!
Just bought my tickets behind the bowlers arm for £8 each! That’s amazing value!
Each to his own I understand but £8 to see Smith, Starc, Banton, Bairstow etc.
can’t be bad.
By Harry Badger
I'm probably being daft but how do you buy tickets? There is a page about the member's window but the Hundred isn't appearing in the Tickets section on the Glamorgan page.

EDIT - ignore,I've found the email.
By Bubbles
No matter how they try Glamorgan have a terrible name within Welsh cricketing circles and also the Welsh business world. So when I saw that we had obtained the new venture I thought what an opportunity.Reverting to type Glamorgan have made it difficult for "Joe Public " to get tickets. Does anyone at the club in charge of marketing have the first idea which could well be know your customer. I can think of numerous target markets to attack which I am not seeing coming from whoever is organising this. Sorry to say the prospective customers in my group have flown the nest very annoyed at Glamorgan. Does anyone care? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
By gmdf
Bubbles wrote:No matter how they try Glamorgan have a terrible name within Welsh cricketing circles and also the Welsh business world. So when I saw that we had obtained the new venture I thought what an opportunity.Reverting to type Glamorgan have made it difficult for "Joe Public " to get tickets. Does anyone at the club in charge of marketing have the first idea which could well be know your customer. I can think of numerous target markets to attack which I am not seeing coming from whoever is organising this. Sorry to say the prospective customers in my group have flown the nest very annoyed at Glamorgan. Does anyone care? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
As the 100 is a competition featuring totally new & different "teams", I thought there was a separation between counties and the franchise teams...In which case perhaps it's right that the county doesn't encourage the sale of tickets when THEY will be playing 50 over games at the same time... :thinking:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]