A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
hujon64 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:34 am Like everyone else, I am waiting with baited breath for a decision re Labuschagne. Would seem ‘unfair’ if, having given him every opportunity last year, he was chosen for the Australian team on the back of this and now goes elsewhere for money. I am sure playing for Australia has vast rewards and agents seem to get the best deals for their clients but there must be some players who stay loyal, especially if they have gelled with the management, team, fans, etc. Close to home, think of Maynard, Croft, Cosker, Morris, Wallace who must have been offered much more lucrative deals but stayed loyal without the massive salaries and enticements offered elsewhere. Surely, there will be an announcement soon - would be a good Christmas present for the fans!
Perhaps I am naive but I expect him to be at Glamorgan next summer.
By lovecricket
Definitely one of the best pieces of scouting ever!

What an amazing signing! Fingers crossed he wants to come back.
By exileKT8
Hemphrey top scores for Queensland with 64, Marnus a 28 ball duck.
By hujon64
I have my early Christmas present - Labuschagne has signed - Well done Maynard and Wallace. Spotted him and nurtured him last year and now he’s available for all 3 formats! Heard he was a thoroughly likeable, upstanding chap who loved it with Glamorgan so well done everyone for making him so welcome thatwx he wanted to return.
By exileKT8
Thanks Gents

Nothing on BBC cricket so hadn`t seen this, have to go to the Welsh sport section and good old Glammy website.

Good news, let`s hope he doesn`t miss too much of the season.
By Nick_Glam
Very positive news and hopefully he can boost us in all forms of the game.
By johnwales
Obviously a very decent guy who puts happiness and friendship before money....
Gerraint Jones

Is in the middle of training to become an on call […]

Maynard new 3 year deal

Maynard staying on as coach. Matthew Maynard: Gl[…]

Overseas

Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear […]