A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By hujon64
Labuschagne was an inspired signing and there is no doubt that his time with us benefitted Glamorgan and Australia. I have heard that he ‘loved’ playing for Glamorgan in Cardiff (like Viv Richards, Jason Gillespie, Dale Steyn to name just a few who loved the warm, Welsh welcome) and is a very moral, upstanding player who wants to return. However, nowadays, I suppose, Agents play a huge part and, doubtless, the ‘rich’ counties will pay huge amounts! Sadly, we can’t compete unless some. very generous supporter stumps up some money!!! If only, my pension would cover it!
Vetchetarian liked this
By Welwyn
But if he gets a full contract with CA, that shouldn't matter. I would be shocked if he wasn't playing a full season in 2020 or 2021 as no Tests between March & October for Australia. Especially if the current coaching regime stays (Langer and S. Waugh seem big on how helpful playing Championship cricket is). If we somehow scrap our way to D1 then I think that'll help us more in being the ones to secure him than any financial package.
By Ian
I think we are all hopeful that he returns; an excellent player with the right attitude
By glamman
Brathwaite has been reported for a suspect bowling action so I assume will not be able to bowl for Glamorgan.
By johnwales
Labuschagne may well feel that his time with Glamorgan surged him into international cricket; and look sympathetically upon our needs for his services.
CC v Durham

Our last two wickets put on 67, of which Hutton an[…]

Yorkshire v Kent

With Kent 39 f 5 on Monday, whilst still hoping so[…]

Leicestershire

NOTICE THAT THE FINAL MEMBERS FORUM IS SCHEDULED […]