A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By psychocandy
Massive queues for bag checks, no effort made to get things moving. Lots of people jumping the queue and going straight the front of the bag check. Pointed this out as they walked past one steward and he just shrugged his shoulders.

And where did this idea that you can't take cans of coke in come from? Got taken off me but the 500ml plastic bottle is OK. Got told I could throw the can and injure someone apparently (I wouldnt like 500ml plastic bottle to lump me around the head either).

Having previously worked as a steward at the Millenium Stadium myself (quit a few years ago due to the people working there), it appears the "I'm important and I'm going to have fun being as awkward as possible to paying supporters" attitude seems to have transferred from there....

You wouldn't believe the Millenium Stadium. I used to work with one guy who used to laugh and count how many kids he'd taken flags off and made them cry.... Sad individual.
Talking about jumping queues, I was at the Premiership Final at Twickenham.

After the game there is a long queue for the buses back to the train station at Richmond.

The queue was generally quite orderly until the stewards started telling people to “use the whole width”. The people they were telling were at the back of the queue and so being told to push past others.

What do you do? Ignore and annoy the Stewards and let everyone else past and never get home, especially if you already have a 4 hour journey once you reach Richmond? Or do what you are told and annoy people already in the queue? Some of whom might (quite reasonably) not approve.

Crazy.
The proportion of jobsworth stewards at Glamorgan always seems to be higher than anywhere else. I tried taking a bottle of water in with me once - it was a re-used coke botttle filled with tap water as I try to limit the amount of waste plastic I create. I was told to pour the water away or drink it there and then. Why???
Harry Badger wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:12 pm The proportion of jobsworth stewards at Glamorgan always seems to be higher than anywhere else. I tried taking a bottle of water in with me once - it was a re-used coke botttle filled with tap water as I try to limit the amount of waste plastic I create. I was told to pour the water away or drink it there and then. Why???
Ah they let me in with a 500ml coke bottle but told me no cans. Weird....

Honestly, the millennium stadium takes some beating. Stewards at glam are all from there anyway...

Remember the Police beating the riot shields at riots and getting hyped up ready for battle? That's how the stewards are. Its the wrong approach. They're lined up to be awkward from the start.
CC v Worcs

Good first day for us. Now can the batsmen give us[…]

AUSTRALIA

Eoin Morgan will not indicate to the spectators a […]

T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]

www.glamorgancricket.com/news/13-man-squad-named-f[…]