A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By exileKT8
The timing of Cooke`s return was always going to be a difficult selection dilemma for MM and his team. All coaches know the value of keeping a winning team together but returning Captains and star players are difficult and as pointed out on here it is twofold problem, when do they return and who do they replace. You also have the alleged indefinable superstitions of County Cricket dressing rooms and Cullen with the pads on and Lloyd Captain were undefeated.

MM was always on a loser on this one not helped by Roland Jones return and Malan`s recent good form (shame he wasn`t in the England A team). The top of the table is getting tight, please don`t prepare a turning wicket at CB.
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:38 pm And we get deducted a point for slow over rate.......
Please tell me you're joking.
By exileKT8
No, gone from this morning`s 130 to 129, confirmed on ESPN. So 2 points from this fixture.
By Shamu
Middlesex left out James Harris so as not to change a winning team, even though the two young lads they are transitioning into their side did nothing in the game.
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:02 pm No, gone from this morning`s 130 to 129, confirmed on ESPN. So 2 points from this fixture.
That's inexcusable given the tight nature of the group. 1 point could mean everything. I would hold Cooke responsible.
By glamman
Shamu wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:03 pm Middlesex left out James Harris so as not to change a winning team, even though the two young lads they are transitioning into their side did nothing in the game.
Are you sure Harris is not a fitness problem?
By Shamu
Yes - had a lovely conversation with James (who confirmed that he still looks out for Glamorgan results etc) and he confirmed it was the coach’s decision to not change a winning team and that he was 100% fit.
By glamman
Shamu wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:21 pm Yes - had a lovely conversation with James (who confirmed that he still looks out for Glamorgan results etc) and he confirmed it was the coach’s decision to not change a winning team and that he was 100% fit.
He’s not the captain though
By Shamu
But he’s one of their star players.

A captain basically tosses the coin these days.
By Vetchetarian
A quote oft attributed to Napoleon Bonaparte, viz, " I know he's good General, but is he a lucky one ".

It seems that in Lloyd, the Club may have unearthed a " lucky one ", but didn't know what to do about it, opting instead for the easy , less controversial, comfortable choice, i.e. reinstating Cooke, who then failed with the bat, twice, and led the team to it's only defeat of the season, and a crushing one at that.

I bet Middlesex just couldn't believe THEIR luck.

It's such a crying shame that the powers that be clearly have little grasp of history. :)
By Shamu
It also came to light that Middlesex were absolutely gobsmacked when they turned up and saw the pitch that had been prepared.

Fully expected a 500 plays 500 flat draw wicket given Glamorgan’s position where a high scoring draw would have suited against a much stronger side.

Maynard and pitch preparation ...................................................................
By exileKT8
Interesting points Shamu with plenty of irony. I thought if we could get a high scoring draw out of the Middx game we would be really well set going into the break with points on the board whatever was happening behind us. Now it is all to play for and any county that can put together a couple of wins as Middx Durham and Northants have done will be right in it for 2nd and 3rd place.

As usual my glass is half empty and Glammy go into the last fixtures probably without Labuschagne`s runs (another interesting comment that the one time Glammy batting looked comfortable in this last game was with him and Hemphrey together in 2nd innings) and without a proven spinner if the hot summer lasts.
By Vetchetarian
One of the cardinal rules in sport - never change a winning team. Glam did, and have paid the price. Two points from Cooke's return, and those dropped points could prove to be very significant come the end of the season as the Division gets tighter, and tighter.

If Lancs beat Glam in the next game, how will Cooke's cheerleaders be feeling, I wonder.
CC v Worcs

Good first day for us. Now can the batsmen give us[…]

www.glamorgancricket.com/news/13-man-squad-named-f[…]

AUSTRALIA

Eoin Morgan will not indicate to the spectators a […]

T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]