A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Welwyn
#27943
Seamer rotation continues. TvdG has a good record in Hertfordshire. Would like to see one of Douthwaite or Wagg (preferably DD) rested and a pace attack of TvdG, Carey & De Lange.

Image
By glamman
#27944
Assume we will see a better attack with Carey, TvdG and De Lange. Am not sure why the rotation system does not apply to Douthwaite given he is the least battle hardened of the seamers. May be because he will not be used in the T20s so will have a rest then.
By Welwyn
#27945
glamman wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:33 pm
Assume we will see a better attack with Carey, TvdG and De Lange. Am not sure why the rotation system does not apply to Douthwaite given he is the least battle hardened of the seamers. May be because he will not be used in the T20s so will have a rest then.
Hope that's not true. Think DD could be quite useful in the blast.

Although, I suppose his place is Mitchell Marsh's
By Welwyn
#27946
Murtagh, Roland-Jones, Helm & Finn is a rather good 4-pronged pace attack.

Image
By glamman
#27947
Welwyn wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:42 pm
glamman wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:33 pm
Assume we will see a better attack with Carey, TvdG and De Lange. Am not sure why the rotation system does not apply to Douthwaite given he is the least battle hardened of the seamers. May be because he will not be used in the T20s so will have a rest then.
Hope that's not true. Think DD could be quite useful in the blast.

Although, I suppose his place is Mitchell Marsh's
Has to compete for a batting slot as bowling too erratic. Mitchell Marsh, Wagg, Meschede and Smith all ahead of him. Ingram also back. Plenty of options for the captain.
By glamman
#27948
Welwyn wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:58 pm
Murtagh, Roland-Jones, Helm & Finn is a rather good 4-pronged pace attack.

Image
They have the depth we currently lack
By notgoingoutreprise
#27949
glamman wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:05 pm
Welwyn wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:58 pm
Murtagh, Roland-Jones, Helm & Finn is a rather good 4-pronged pace attack.

Image
They have the depth we currently lack
Lack bowling depth of Middlesex yet have an extra bowling point and 11 extra batting points so bowling is not everything
By Shamu
#27950
Really struggling to comprehend how Glamman did not secure the Director of Cricket or Head Coach roles at Glamorgan - can only assume that the ability to spout uninformed garbage was not a prerequisite for the roles.
By exileKT8
#27951
On a lighter note, for what it`s worth, probably nothing, checking my Telegraph Fantasy Team and on the Player Stats the 2nd highest scoring bat is Labuschagne, 5th is Root, 9th highest scoring bowler De Lange considering his rotation and 9th highest all rounder Wagg. For those who don`t do Telegraph Fantasy Cricket you usually have to go a long way down the lists to find any daffodils.
glamman liked this
By glamman
#27952
exileKT8 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:04 pm
On a lighter note, for what it`s worth, probably nothing, checking my Telegraph Fantasy Team and on the Player Stats the 2nd highest scoring bat is Labuschagne, 5th is Root, 9th highest scoring bowler De Lange considering his rotation and 9th highest all rounder Wagg. For those who don`t do Telegraph Fantasy Cricket you usually have to go a long way down the lists to find any daffodils.
The batting has certainly been the big change this season and makes life a lot easier for the captain and the bowlers. I am not sure who should be considered an all rounder nowadays given the number of runs being scored by lower order batsmen. The classic definition was a batting average greater than your bowling average. Unfortunately Wagg does not quite achieve this as although his batting average is 52.0 (which is great before anyone says anything) his 6 wickets have come at 52.33 runs a piece - not really good enough for a main bowler. Acceptable with De Lange, TvdG and Carey in the side.
Carey is well within the definition - batting average of 95 and bowling average of 26.86. :yes:
By glamman
#27953
Watching on line the Glamorgan bowlers have been very unlucky, each regularly beating the bat.
By JamesH
#27954
Watching online I also think the bowlers have been incredibly unlucky. Beat the bat numerous times and the Middlesex batsmen did well to survive. Hopefully we can take a couple of quick wickets this morning or it might be a long day.
By glamman
#27955
Just need to hope our batsmen are equally lucky when it is their turn.
By johnwales
#27956
Shamu wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:31 pm
Really struggling to comprehend how Glamman did not secure the Director of Cricket or Head Coach roles at Glamorgan - can only assume that the ability to spout uninformed garbage was not a prerequisite for the roles.
Not very fair comments on a guy who is deeply committed to Glamorgan cricket
By glamman
#27957
Wagg putting in a good spell this morning.

Middlesex enjoying more good fortune at both ends.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 8
Middlesex

Seamer rotation continues. TvdG has a good record […]

20/20 squad

If our star Oz batsmen ( can’t spell name :[…]

There are claims that England were allocated an ex[…]

Live Stream!

Hopefully for all T20 games https://www.glamorgan[…]