A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:58 am If this is the best team to take the 20 wickets we need to win without conceding too many runs then everything is right with the world.
To be fair, it's not quite that simple I guess.

Some of our pace bowlers have missed a lot of games with injuries in the past so if this is the best way for them to stay fit, you can understand the selections.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:37 am
glamman wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:58 am If this is the best team to take the 20 wickets we need to win without conceding too many runs then everything is right with the world.
To be fair, it's not quite that simple I guess.

Some of our pace bowlers have missed a lot of games with injuries in the past so if this is the best way for them to stay fit, you can understand the selections.
Agreed but we need to see the likes of Walker and McIlroy stepping up to fill that 3rd seamer slot. I guess injuries to Bull and Smith are an issue as well. Bull keeps getting these back problems and at the moment we are struggling to fill the spin birth. Need someone who can get control and take a few wickets. Answers on a postcard.
By glamman
Listening to the commentary the ball has been moving about but still no wickets. Have the batsmen just been lucky?
By glamman
Interesting that Labuschagne has bowled more overs than Morgan.
By glamman
It’s a good thing that time has been lost from the game as our lack of a potent bowling threat would have made the final day very tricky. It still could be if there is a full day tomorrow.
By glamman
Disappointing to hear Cullen has put down two catches. I have not seen him keep as he does not play club cricket in Wales. Can anyone comment on his keeping?
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:03 pm Disappointing to hear Cullen has put down two catches. I have not seen him keep as he does not play club cricket in Wales. Can anyone comment on his keeping?
I haven't seen him much, but I know he made another bad error in the previous game.
By glamman
Not heard any more from Vetchetarian on the potency of our bowling attack. No good if they score runs but can’t take wickets. I guess we should require the batsmen to do that job if we expect the reverse from the bowlers?
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:53 am Not heard any more from Vetchetarian on the potency of our bowling attack. No good if they score runs but can’t take wickets. I guess we should require the batsmen to do that job if we expect the reverse from the bowlers?
No, but we hear a great deal from you. If you want to personalise these posts just say the word. I'm your man... :)
By glamman
Thought that was what this website was for. Wouldn’t be much point if no one said anything. :)
By notgoingoutreprise
A masterstroke by Maynard resting our most potent bowler on such a benign surface and keeping him fresh for more responsive pitches
By djronnieb65
Very unusual wicket for Swansea
No chance of a result
Not the kind of wicket you want for championship cricket
I still think Maynard should have picked another front line bowler ether De Lange or TDV
I’m sure he didn’t think the wicket would be like it was
I would hope that our next game we will have 3 pace bowlers and rest Douthwaite
Still we are unbeaten and much better by a long way compared to last season
By Nick_Glam
I didn't realize that the Middlesex game is coming up quite so soon and can completely see now why we only selected 2 bowlers. As it turns out, it was certainly the right decision.

Will be interesting to see the squad for the next game.
Lancashire at Colwyn Bay

Starting to think about who will take the field fo[…]

AUSTRALIA

Eoin Morgan will not indicate to the spectators a […]

CC v Worcs

Good first day for us. Now can the batsmen give us[…]

Overseas

Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear […]