A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
2nds win by 139 runs, Morgan taking 4/20. That follows his 6/21 against Gloucs 2s.
It's been a while since Morgan has been selected as a spinner for the 1sts. Not sure how much he is turning it now.
By glamman
McIlroy not playing for MCCYC so not sure if he is injured.
By glamman
After a comfortable win on Monday, the 2s held out for a draw today against a Middlesex team including Finn and Malan as well as Holden and Sowter who have been regulars in their 1st team this season.
By glamman
2nds playing a 3-day friendly against Hampshire down at Newport starting today . Expect Donald to be in action against his old team mates.
By glamman
Good to see Carey's injury is not too bad in that he is opening the bowling for the 2s today.
Donald not playing.
Walker with 2 quick wickets.
By glamman
Good to see McIlroy playing for the 2s - his left arm seam could provide some variety.
By glamman
Unfortunately McIlroy only seems to have bowled 5 overs (for just 5 runs). Assume he has picked up an injury.
Meschede has bowled 10 overs so that is good news.
By johnwales
Is Donald injured; or perhaps reprimanded for his press interview ahead of the final.
By glamman
The 2nds struggling at Newport against Gloucs - 58/5 in which I guess are bowler friendly conditions
By exileKT8
A good fightback and concentration to bat 102 overs, keeper called Horton with 50, not many for Carlson.
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:29 pm A good fightback and concentration to bat 102 overs, keeper called Horton with 50, not many for Carlson.
Youngster from Newbridge. Might be in the right place at the right time when it comes to keeping with Glamorgan. Concerns over Cullen's glove work.
exileKT8 liked this
By hujon64
A cricketing friend told me about Alex Horton last year. He’d be 15 now and is in the Glamorgan Academy. Apparently Wallace was working with him and rated him very highly as a wicketkeeper batsman. I presume the lad has finished GCSE examinations and Wallace has moved him into the seconds (as he himself was at the same age) with a possible view to becoming our next wicketkeeper. Cooke must be in mid 30s now so one to look out for. Of course Donald was a wicketkeeper/batsman and young England Captain who, sadly, didn’t fulfil his promise with us so hope this youngster is able to flourish.
exileKT8 liked this
By glamman
hujon64 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:16 pm A cricketing friend told me about Alex Horton last year. He’d be 15 now and is in the Glamorgan Academy. Apparently Wallace was working with him and rated him very highly as a wicketkeeper batsman. I presume the lad has finished GCSE examinations and Wallace has moved him into the seconds (as he himself was at the same age) with a possible view to becoming our next wicketkeeper. Cooke must be in mid 30s now so one to look out for. Of course Donald was a wicketkeeper/batsman and young England Captain who, sadly, didn’t fulfil his promise with us so hope this youngster is able to flourish.
As you say, he is highly thought of. Cooke just turned 33 so hopefully a few more years in him. I hope Horton will continue his education and potentially Uni so may not be completely free for 4 or 5 years. Hopefully Cooke can stay fit until then.
exileKT8 liked this
Lancashire at Colwyn Bay

Starting to think about who will take the field fo[…]

AUSTRALIA

Eoin Morgan will not indicate to the spectators a […]

CC v Worcs

Good first day for us. Now can the batsmen give us[…]

Overseas

Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear […]