A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By hujon64
I see from an interview with Matthew Maynard on Twitter that interviews for DOC are taking place this week so, hopefully an announcement will be made soon.
By glamman
Nothing yet.

Moves at other counties including:
- Lancs have signed Burns and Maxwell.
- Lewis has left Durham
- Mascarenhas has left Essex

plus Maynard has indicated strongly that he is interested in the coaching role.

Hopefully we will hear something soon.
By hujon64
If it’s right that interviews were taking place last week, would have expected an announcement before Christmas. Maybe nobody would do the job for the amount they were willing to pay - even more of a ‘poison chalice’ now if glamman’s prophecies above come true.
By glamman
Big blow to Glamorgan with Ingram bought in the IPL auction. Will need a new captain for the 50 over competition. Don't really understand why he was not bought up last year. Cannot think of many batsmen you would feel less like bowling at in T20.

Still nothing about a new DoC. Slightly concerning. Hopefully just sorting out contractual arrangements.
By hujon64
Edward Bevan said on Twitter yesterday that an announcement about the DOC was imminent. However, with a few weeks off for Christmas and notices having to be worked, etc, doubt that the new person will start until February or even March, if they’ve actually appointed someone who’s willing to take on the mammoth challenge for the salary they can afford. Perhaps Maynard will take on the position for a while - who knows? Also, seems very late to make wholesale changes to coaching personnel as to advertise, interview and appoint with the season starting so early would be very problematic. We shall see!!!
By exileKT8
Ingram bought for IPL but was he going to play 50 overs anyway, I thought his knees meant he only plays T20. Khawaja and Marsh not sold and I couldn`t see De Lange on either list on ESPN.
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:20 pm
Ingram bought for IPL but was he going to play 50 overs anyway, I thought his knees meant he only plays T20. Khawaja and Marsh not sold and I couldn`t see De Lange on either list on ESPN.
As far as I am aware he was due to play the 50 over comp again.

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

New DOC

I see from an interview with Matthew Maynard on Tw[…]