A forum for Durham CCC fans
By Captaincolly
That pitch was unacceptable imo, it was the wrong decision to bowl first but Rocky could not have predicted the pitch would detiororate so quickly. Batting was nigh on impossible in the 2nd innings and I'm sure Derby will be starting next season with a points deduction.
By fineleg
Disappointing again but not the end of the world. If anything, the squad we've got at the moment has over achieved rather than under achieved. I'm fairly sure most of us would have settled for 1st division survival when the season began, even more so after Benks got injured.

The worst that happen now is mid table security.
By Captaincolly
[quote="fineleg"]
Disappointing again but not the end of the world. If anything, the squad we've got at the moment has over achieved rather than under achieved. I'm fairly sure most of us would have settled for 1st division survival when the season began, even more so after Benks got injured.

[/quote]
We're also a better 4 day than one day side and we've done we'll to compete well in the 20 and 40 over competitions. Tonight was a farce with that ridiculous pitch-Mark Butcher said it was "not good enough" and gave us no chance. A points deduction surely on the cards for Derbyshire but that's no consolation.
By Captaincolly
The pitch is being used again for todays U19 international, according to Bob Willis the groundsman has " literally" been trying to fill in the holes and glue it back together again!
@legsidelizzy: Lots of discussion about pitch at the County Ground which Rob Key has just said "I've never seen a pitch like this in professional cricket"
By Parkside
[quote="fineleg"]

[/quote]
Agree totally-a wholly balanced perspective on the present situation. It's beginning to look that this season is going to be a mirror of last season in reverse. In Stokes absence I hope we promote Richardson to 5 and bring in Jamie Harrison for the bowling place. They'll be regulars next season given the intended cull so it's essential we use these last 5 games to give them valuable experience.
Overseas

Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear […]

The first two players released

Lawlor and Szymanski deemed surplus to requirement[…]