A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
It's good to be wanting the games to come along rather than dreading them. Hampshire losing again last night and must be low in confidence. Another ex-Glamorgan player facing us tomorrow in Steyn but hopefully we can deal with the threat. I think it was Afridi who was the problem last year.

The noises from the camp suggest that Lloyd might be fit again and if he is I would expect him to open with Donald. The XI will then be
Donald
Lloyd
Ingram
Carlson
Cooke
Wagg
Meschede
Smith
Salter
TvdG
Hogan

Plenty of bowling options and batting all the way down. Lets make it 5 in a row. Hopefully there will be a good crowd.
By glamman
As predicted Lloyd back for tonight's game:
14 man squad
Ingram ©, Lloyd, Meschede, Carlson, Donald, Wagg, Cooke, Smith, Salter, Selman, Lawlor, Hogan, TVDG, Carey
Expect the one change to be Lloyd for Selman - I realise this will be a major disappointment to Vetchetarian
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:13 am
14 man squad
Ingram ©, Lloyd, Meschede, Carlson, Donald, Wagg, Cooke, Smith, Salter, Selman, Lawlor, Hogan, TVDG, Carey
Expect the one change to be Lloyd for Selman - I realise this will be a major disappointment to Vetchetarian
I try not to be personal, but you really are a fool.
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:43 am
glamman wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:13 am
14 man squad
I try not to be personal, but you really are a fool.
But surely you would say that Selman has a better strike rate than Lloyd - 132 vs 120?
By exileKT8
Good luck to the boys tonight, let`s hope for a good crowd although Sky may dent that. Hope your weather is better than than what we have in London at the moment. I fear Hants won`t be as bad as they looked on TV on Wednesday, don`t think our record is great against them in Cardiff. We need to get Vince early and Steyn worries me with our batting, he`s had a warm up on Wednesday and by the end was looking dangerous. You would think Steyn v Ingram will be key.
By ffynnongarw
Glam have just achieved their 5th victory in a row. A great achievement in this format. Served up an easy victory for SKY watchers. Surprising lack of activity on this website. It seems more activity is triggered when Glam do badly. Thought Glam would be chasing around 200 but excellent bowling from both Meschede and Salter helped by excellent fielding. Still very tight but everything to play for.
By glamman
Very competent from Glamorgan tonight. Saw off the early onslaught and then scored the runs at a canter. Bowlers supported by good fielding.
Ingram brilliant but am disappointed that Salter or Meschede did not get MoM as the bowlers won that game. Salter excellent and Meschede also did a great job with the ball. It’s a batsman’s game.
Fantastic for Ingram to have so many bowling options but still have the strongest batting line up available.
By hujon64
Let's give credit to the team and coaches - 5 in a row is superb and with no international stars. Fearful with Hants start but the calmness from Salter and Meschede bowling was a pleasure. Fielding excellent and a top class stumping. No blame can be given to Donald for the runout and our reply was measured and effortless. Ingram incredible but so impressed again with Carlson. I would have given MOM to Salter for the two top wickets which halted the momentum completely. Watched SKY but listened on radio as Nick Webb and co are obviously more familiar with Glam. Mark Wallace and Gareth Rees were very knowledgeable. Looking forward to Sunday's match - fingers crossed for good weather.

PS Good to see Lloyd back and taking two good catches.

Onwards and upwards!
Vetchetarian liked this
2nd XI

2nd XI getting in a strong position in their frien[…]

The End of Test Cricket

The current format of Test Cricket Tours is going […]

In's & outs

Who is out & who is coming in for next season.[…]

Sussex v Glamorgan

Nice trip then to the south east cost for game thi[…]