A forum for Lancashire CCC fans
By LankyShark
Quotes.

“Their guy was up for the challenge, and pulled it off. I don’t think you are going to see that again for a long time.”

Two guys up for the challenge in two games. Looks like it is becoming a regular occurrence.

“Unfortunately it wasn’t meant to be for us”.

How much do you need it to “be for us”, before taking the hint and actually winning it?

“Never mind. As long as the Concerts bring the money in, then everything is ok”.

Sorry. I made that one up.
By chris
LankyShark wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:14 am
Quotes.

“Their guy was up for the challenge, and pulled it off. I don’t think you are going to see that again for a long time.”

Two guys up for the challenge in two games. Looks like it is becoming a regular occurrence.

“Unfortunately it wasn’t meant to be for us”.

How much do you need it to “be for us”, before taking the hint and actually winning it?

“Never mind. As long as the Concerts bring the money in, then everything is ok”.

Sorry. I made that one up.
This was the one that stood out to me from Vilas:

“Sometimes it’s hard to beat a team that’s all in it together..." So Lancashire aren't in it together? Dressing Room lost?
Also:
“We’ve got to focus on each game at a time now. We’ve got a massive game coming up on Thursday in the Roses match. That’s going to be huge in itself, so our focus is just on that. “

Does that include learning from mistakes? Or just relying on those who created the problem to come good in the end?

interesting to see this:

http://cricket.lancashirecricket.co.uk/ ... thoughton/

Last year Chapple finally selected him for 2 T20 games but batted him so low he did not bat in either. He could easily bowl Croft's opening over as well. I wonder whether the powers that be, didn't like his celebrations (debut hundred and debut first class wicket).
By LankyShark
Interesting update on the announcer. At least I found it interesting as it may speak about the organisation off the field.

There was a different announcer last night. Does that “explain” why last Fridays announcer didn’t seem to realise that there was a game between Fridays? Or is there something else ?
By chris
LankyShark wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:06 am
Can anyone tell me why Lamb didn’t bowl against Leicestershire?
Vilas? maybe, or perhaps Chapple? Would have won the game. Try something different. Try someone with a point to prove. Makes perfect sense. I suspect they forgot he was playing.
LankyShark wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:12 am
Interesting update on the announcer. At least I found it interesting as it may speak about the organisation off the field.

There was a different announcer last night. Does that “explain” why last Fridays announcer didn’t seem to realise that there was a game between Fridays? Or is there something else ?
Probably. Just careless. Like a lot of back room staff.
By LankyShark
Lilley c. Willey b. Thom(p)son.

A variation on a theme.

It always helps to beat Yorkshire twice and to go above them in the table.

Looking at that table, with NRRs as they are, 2 points from 4 against Warwickshire should almost certainly be enough to secure a QF spot, particularly as Notts and Yorks have to play each other twice.
Possibly need to win all 3 to get a Home QF depending on Durham’s results in their other two games.

Perhaps being a little optimistic to make up for the depression of the last two games, Lancashire’s winning year came through finishing 4th and an away QF.

So well done last night, and sorry I can’t be there tonight. Blame my wife. The only redeeming feature about not being able to go tonight is that my elder son won’t have to feel let down when I would have had to tell him that I was going to the cricket with his younger brother and leaving him at home to miss the Sale Rugby Match.

Instead we all get to attend a wedding. Wonderful!!!!
By LankyShark
Well I survived the wedding and enjoyed from afar three great wins. Watching the updated score on our phones on Friday evening was certainly much more fun than the “comedian”.

Hoping for a Home QF, and that the closure of OT for the winter will be delayed to accommodate it.

I have never liked finals day so the QF will, if it happens be the last T20 game I see this year.

And congratulations to the 2nd X1 on winning their T20 Trophy
By davee
The Home QF isn't on the cards, they announced that due to works on the ground - having to give time for the grass to grow there would be no cricket after a date in mid Aug (12th ?). Well that was the excuse for the lop sided Championship fixtures. It will be interesting to see if they forfeit a Home advantage.
By chris
davee wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:19 pm
The Home QF isn't on the cards, they announced that due to works on the ground - having to give time for the grass to grow there would be no cricket after a date in mid Aug (12th ?). Well that was the excuse for the lop sided Championship fixtures. It will be interesting to see if they forfeit a Home advantage.
doubt they would forfeit it. They'll take the income somehow. Anyway it's not exactly been a fortress this year:
Home: W4, L3
Away: W4, L1, A1, with one to play

Hate it when I see an article entitled:
"Lilley believes Lancs are peaking at the right time"
a) Hostage to Fortune in there somewhere.
b) The Final is the right time to peak, surely.
By LankyShark
chris wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:03 pm

Hate it when I see an article entitled:
"Lilley believes Lancs are peaking at the right time"
a) Hostage to Fortune in there somewhere.
b) The Final is the right time to peak, surely.

You may have a point
By chris
So getting back to the Ins and Outs:
chris wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:20 am
Contracts Up at the end of the season (or before):

Kerrigan (already non-playing his contract out)
Chanderpaul
Croft
Brown
Mennie (leaving end of August)
Clark
Lilley
Lester
Lamb

Only Clark is currently a regular 1st team player in all formats, but may interest other clubs. All batsmen are (selectorially) behind the woefully out of form and consequently can't be expected to score a run, Hameed. Brown can't buy a game in any format. How many spinners and wicket keepers do we need?
All might go, assuming the regime doesn't change. Although, I suspect the some will be put on long term contracts. No scholarship players this year, so no obvious internal replacements other than Lavelle who is still at school (this year). 3 batsmen listed there but today's second team only has one batsman trialling (Crawley who is in the academy).
Clark is widely reported as having been offered a 3 year deal at Surrey.
Can't see him being offered 3 years by Lancs.

Can add Watt and Zahir Khan to that out of contract list.

Suspect Khan will be offered the 2nd overseas role plus an August September championship role, assuming he goes well in the championship over the next few weeks.

Should be lots of squad spaces available, but it's odd there is no-one with a scholarship contract at the moment, so no youth progression, except the jump from academy to first team - but then that's what all other clubs expect.

Did someone take their eye off the ball?
By LankyShark
I see that the Clark departure has been announced. Timed well to coincide with sending out the Membership Renewals!!

And that’s even before relegation has been confirmed.

Poor. Poor. Poor.
By chris
LankyShark wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:42 am
I see that the Clark departure has been announced. Timed well to coincide with sending out the Membership Renewals!!

And that’s even before relegation has been confirmed.

Poor. Poor. Poor.
Timed ahead of Sunday's county championship match at the Oval. :lol

At least Zahir Khan wasn't selected to play for Afghanistan against Ireland over the next fortnight.

Good interview with Matt Walker here, discussing t[…]

Independent external review

This has been done by Huw Bevan whose roles have b[…]