A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Iron Mike
Hampshire 119/2 beat
Glamorgan 118/6 by 8 wickets

Had some updates from the ground as well as watching on tv. Thanks for these words from G from Y Fenni stuck in the traffic jam at the Rose Bowl ...Well Charles lost for words. All went wrong from first ball. Hampshire played brilliantly. We didn't.

Not our best night. You just have to take it on the chin and move on. Summed up on the park by the umpire not giving Vince out caught behind off Hogan penultimate ball. Sky said so what to a huge nick...imagine that in the Ashes!

Sunday is another day. We can get a 6th away win from 7 in Taunton. Still in our own hands.
By Glamno1
Our saver is Msex r out so hopefully they play a week team in last game !
There again didn't Gloucester have nothing 2 play 4 couple years ago but still beat us who had q/final on the cards !!
The joy of watching glammy !!
But will 16pts be enough ??
By Ger27
Could have done without the defeat being such a heavy one. In all likelihood, the equation is now pretty straightforward - with two games left, one win for an away QF, two wins for a home one. Lose both, and time to look forward to 2018!
By glamman
It appears that for Miller to be available for a quarter final we need to come in the top 2 of the group. Looking at the performance last night that seems a tough ask with both Somerset and Middx still possibly in the hunt for a top 4 place. To just qualify has to be the hope.
Selman is not going to work at the top of the order. He batted throughout the power play and did not hit a boundary. We seem to now be completely dependent on Ingram.
By psychocandy
Back to "normal" rubbish for glamorgan.

Selman - really? Once Ingram was out and no miller we'd had it.
Hants spinners were brilliant. Salter again proved hes no better than average. Batted ok though.

Without Ingram and/or Miller we've got no chance.

Very poor by Vince not walking though. Game was won etc. Let himself down there.
By glamman
otis wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:16 am
JR should have opened and a maybe a better option would have to played Smith and put him in at 3, been batting well for the 2s.
Smith was not in the squad for last night - replaced by Morgan - I'm not sure where the website gets its information from.

Agree Rudolph should open. There will be too much pressure on Donald if he opens with Selman.
By otis
glamman wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:51 am
otis wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:16 am
JR should have opened and a maybe a better option would have to played Smith and put him in at 3, been batting well for the 2s.
Smith was not in the squad for last night - replaced by Morgan - I'm not sure where the website gets its information from.

Agree Rudolph should open. There will be too much pressure on Donald if he opens with Selman.
Donald has been in better form opening with JR.

I've just come across this - which might interest […]

Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]