A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By mav
Decent bowler judging by his figures (not sure if I have ever seen him bowl in the flesh!).

But I do wish they would stop calling people with an average of 20ish an all rounder!

Welcome to the club Brett.
By Bucksman
On the evidence of the recent Notts game at the County Ground, he looked a useful (although not match-winning!) performer with good pace. Pity he's not a left-armer, though!
By Ironside
I think this is potentially a very good signing and a very significant coup by the coach. Perhaps this explains the Azhar decision.
Interesting that he chose us rather than accept the new contract on offer at Notts.
Bucksman is of course right when he says it is a pity that he isn't a left-armer.
By mav
Ironside wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:33 pm

Interesting that he chose us rather than accept the new contract on offer at Notts.
Much like when Crook signed, I see this as proof many want to play as many forms of the game as possible.
By Den Buckett
Bucksman wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:18 pm
On the evidence of the recent Notts game at the County Ground, he looked a useful (although not match-winning!) performer with good pace. Pity he's not a left-armer, though!
We have to accept that we will not be signing 'match winning performers' from other counties. This appears to be as good as we can hope for and if he can bat a bit that would be good considering the problems we have with the top order.
By Bucksman
mav wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:36 pm
Ironside wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:33 pm

Much like when Crook signed, I see this as proof many want to play as many forms of the game as possible.
Correct!

Quote by Mike Newell on the BBC site: "He informed us of his decision to explore his options in May, expressing his desire to leave because he wants to be a regular in all forms of cricket, something we haven't been able to guarantee in the process of winning two white-ball trophies this summer."
By onemorerun
mav wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:57 pm
But I do wish they would stop calling people with an average of 20ish an all rounder!
Seems ok to me, given that when they have an average of 30ish, we call them a senior top-order batsman!
mav liked this
Will Bragg retires.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42082869 I had a snea[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]

Unacceptable behaviour.

Stokes. Bairstow. Duckett. Just what is going on […]