Share the latest news and broadcast your views, use this board for topics that relate to more than one county
By gmdf
Lancashire have just Tweeted this:
Lancashire CCC‏Verified account
@LancsCCC
3m3 minutes ago
More
❗️ 2018 FIXTURE ANNOUNCEMENT ❗️

🗓️ Tuesday 28 November 5pm - #T20Blast
🗓️ Wednesday 29 November 11am - @CountyChamp & @OneDayCup.

Who's looking forward to the new season?
gmdf wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:04 am
Lancashire have just Tweeted this:
Lancashire CCC‏Verified account
@LancsCCC
3m3 minutes ago
More
❗️ 2018 FIXTURE ANNOUNCEMENT ❗️

🗓️ Tuesday 28 November 5pm - #T20Blast
🗓️ Wednesday 29 November 11am - @CountyChamp & @OneDayCup.

Who's looking forward to the new season?
surprised they have the time in between tweeting about the Ashes
Well, the Blast fixtures are out.

The ECB prepared a long-winded article but without actually providing a link to the fixture list.

Here, anyway, the BBC provide them:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/englis ... 0/fixtures

If you want to start seething now, there doesn't appear to be a space for any Championship cricket at the start of August, as there was in 2017.
chris wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:13 pm
wonder whether the T20 finals day on 15 September means the championship will finish in October?

interesting to note that the T20 fixtures don't make the BBC Sport homepage - the only cricket story in that at 6:15 is about Stokes (plus a 7 hour old guess who will win in Adelaide)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport
In fairness, there is a story on the cricket oage and they got the fixtures up pronto. Much better than the totally incomprehensible cricinfo, who seem to have given up on county cricket.
They are out.

The BBC got them up there quick - and all of them. :dance:

So the season runs from April 1 to September 27 - so no new records for an early start or late finish.

The season begins over Easter weekend, so that should be good for me to attend.

I haven't got beyond the fixtures from April 1-3 yet, as it seems impossible to find an easily downloadable/printable fixture list of all fixtures, which is surely what many people want to see/use? In this technological age, you would think that would be simple, but apparently not.
I think Lancashire may have an early finish record, nothing at home after 1st September and nothing at Old Trafford after 10th August !!

No explanation on the website.

Apologies. There is an explanation. It appears that Lancashire need an extra month for the outfield to recover before the bad weather starts.

How is it that clubs who don't hold concerts on the ground don't need that extra month?
One can't know the finer details of why it is so imbalanced without digging right down into how they were compiled, but certainly I would imagine accommodating various things is behind it - obviously several clubs have international fixtures to weave in, and yes, what few Festival fixtures are left. Also trying to avoid clubs having to go from one end of the country to the other and then repeat it again a few days later.

When all these influences are brought together for all the games it probably makes it much more difficult to simply spread the home and away games out. Obviously it would be much easier if it was like football with grounds dedicated purely to the county matches, but it isn't.
Anyway, I'll probably kick off as usual by attempting to see one of the opening first-class deliveries of the new season - very possibly Hove on April 1.

As it coincides with Easter it should work well. Also other stuff to do in Brighton if it r***s.

Now the excitement of the list has passed, it's time to put thoughts about county cricket into hibernation for 3 months.
Will Bragg retires.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42082869 I had a snea[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]

Unacceptable behaviour.

Stokes. Bairstow. Duckett. Just what is going on […]