A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Glamorboy
A strange combination of players in the squad, Carlson, Donald and Wagg omitted, with Smith, Brown, Morgan and Lawlor drafted in. Bold changes by Croft, lets hope our young guns fire!
Disappointed about Carlson, is he injured?
Glamorboy wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:47 pm
A strange combination of players in the squad, Carlson, Donald and Wagg omitted, with Smith, Brown, Morgan and Lawlor drafted in. Bold changes by Croft, lets hope our young guns fire!
Disappointed about Carlson, is he injured?
" Carlson unavailable due to University examination ", per BBC Sport.
By Iron Mike
Onto what is happening on the pitch... at sunny Edgbaston Glamorgan were put in to bat.
The first wicket fell with the score on 44 when Murphy was lbw for 18. On 59 Brown was caught behind for 9.Soon after Selman was dismissed for 30 with the score remaining on 59. Rebuilding job on...surviving without further loss until lunch with the score on 65-3. Big afternoon session coming up.

My thanks to Lord Llanover.
Iron Mike wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:17 pm
Onto what is happening on the pitch... at sunny Edgbaston Glamorgan were put in to bat.
The first wicket fell with the score on 44 when Murphy was lbw for 18. On 59 Brown was caught behind for 9.Soon after Selman was dismissed for 30 with the score remaining on 59. Rebuilding job on...surviving without further loss until lunch with the score on 65-3. Big afternoon session coming up.

Glam won the toss and chose to bat.
The new guy got 4.
141/5.
By Iron Mike
Tea update from the ground...

Soon after the luncheon interval Khawaja departed lbw for 4. 69-4
The hundred was brought up in the 44th over.
Cooke was lbw with the score at 126.
We're still fighting. Be great to bat out the day.
Tea 171-5

By JamesH
May be of some interest to learn that Nye Donald played for Mumbles today. Nicked off for 0 second ball chasing a wide one, only set a target of 82 by the opposition
By Iron Mike
The over after tea saw Morgan out lbw for 36. 172-6.Soon afterwards Salter was caught for 6. 182-7.
With the score on 190 Lloyd was caught behind for 39.Smith then was lbw for 22 bringing Lukas Carey to the crease.220-9 and no more score.
220 is at least a batting point. We'll see if the pitch is the same for both sides.

My thanks to Lord Llanover at sunny Edgbaston.
By Iron Mike
Day 1 close
Warwickshire 24/2
Glamorgan 220

Final update from Lord Llanover...
With the first ball of the Warwick's innings Carey clean bowled Rhodes. With the fall of the wicket there was much celebration within the ranks of the sizeable Glamorgan
support. With the score on 18 TVG bowled Sibley for 7.
CoP. 24-2...we're still fighting. Put both Bell and Trott in the hutch early and who knows, set up a winning position. Honours even on day 1.
By Iron Mike
A very sunny morning at Edgbaston with Bell and Trott continuing at the crease.
With the score on 99 Trott who was in the runs was run out for 57 by Lloyd. Soon after a tight spell by Salter Hain was caught and bowled when Warwicks had scored 127. Lunch 131-4.

Time up for Morris, Croft etc

I have been getting frustrated as a loyal Glamorga[…]

Lest we forget ...

... " this most wonderful of grounds ". […]

Tunbridge Wells

Not the most straight forward place for me to get […]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]