A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Vetchetarian
notgoingoutreprise wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:57 pm
Vetchetarian wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:42 am
After such a heroic batting effort by de Lange, it is with a heavy heart that I may be perceived as criticising his method of dismissal.

Having flailed his bat so effectively, and with Leicestershire's fielders apparently ringed around the boundary, and with just four runs required for victory, why not just play for something more circumspect, singles, or a couple of two's. Did he not trust Hogan to hold his end up ?
To go for yet another six was perhaps just a big hit too many.

I wonder if he will wake up at night, in a cold sweat, mull it over, and come to a similar conclusion.

Well done him, anyway.
When you in the zone you just carry on what has been working for you.
I guess so, but with his skipper at the other end, perhaps a word of wisdom would have produced a different result. Only speculation, result is in.
By psychocandy
glamman wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:48 am
Vetchetarian wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:42 am
After such a heroic batting effort by de Lange, it is with a heavy heart that I may be perceived as criticising his method of dismissal.

Having flailed his bat so effectively, and with Leicestershire's fielders apparently ringed around the boundary, and with just four runs required for victory, why not just play for something more circumspect, singles, or a couple of two's. Did he not trust Hogan to hold his end up ?
To go for yet another six was perhaps just a big hit too many.

I wonder if he will wake up at night, in a cold sweat, mull it over, and come to a similar conclusion.

Well done him, anyway.
Cannot really criticise De Lange - he had got us to that point by playing the way he did. In some ways we might not feel so disappointed if we had lost by 50 runs rather than 3. I was impressed by Hogan when he came in - normally he is rather lax with the bat just having a swing at everything even with someone in at the other end. Yesterday he curbed that and looked like he could hang around long enough for De Lange to finish it off. Unfortunately it is another "L".
EXACTLY. He got to 90 playing like this when the game was dead. They'd be on the boundary for a few overs anyway. YES a single or two would have made Leices think and got a few off the boundary.

BUT, he got full toss. One shot to win the game. Can;'t criticise him. The Leics team and supporters were terrified they were going to lose.
By psychocandy
I was there. Brilliant by De Lange. Really unlucky. The game was dead and buried and I thought we had no chance.

Very poor by our middle order again. Donald fails again. Murphy looks a good prospect - at least he hangs around for a bit.

Lovely ground though. Puts Cardiff to shame to be honest.

Nice to be back in Leicester - last time was 28 years when I was in college there - changed a bit since then!
By glamman
My guess is that Murphy will start to find it more difficult as county analysts identify his weaknesses.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:35 pm
My guess is that Murphy will start to find it more difficult as county analysts identify his weaknesses.
But surely, our esteemed batting coach will be able to counter that. :)
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:59 pm
glamman wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:35 pm
But surely, our esteemed batting coach will be able to counter that. :)
I'm sure he'll help. :evillaugh:
2nd XI

Personally I think it is very disappointing that t[…]

Another 'ton' for Compo

D.C.S.Compton, Dennis to his adoring fans', Compo […]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Royal London One Day Cup

Was hoping for a change of fortunes as a new compe[…]