A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Have only just started watching today but do not believe this pitch is a batting minefield.
By Vetchetarian
exileKT8 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 5:59 pm
As you type Vetch another wicket goes, and Leics 18 match search for a win nears a close. Can always rely on Glammy to help out teams in such circumstances.
No problem now, De Lange has taken the fight to the foe, and has a strike rate of 283.33. :)
By Iron Mike
Day 3 close
Leicestershire 191 & 237 beat
Glamorgan 178 & 247 by 3 runs

My thanks to Cynonexile for the updates and safe travels.

I heard from 8 down to listen to the last knockings and was reminded of the capitulation to a Clint McKay inspired spell when we had it in the bag. A few of us needed therapy after witnessing that live! Anyway,
what was to follow had shades of Edgbaston 2005 and Colwyn Bay when Wally saved the day against Leicestershire off Allenby of all people in a one dayer.

2-47pm all out two difficult catches taken by Cooke to get rid of Parkinson and Dexter. Raine chanced his arm whist protecting Aaron 251 to win plenty of overs to do it. 166 of them left in the match.

Selman ct behind early. Marsh bowled reaching forward 35-2 at 42 overs remaining on the day. Donald out playing forward defensive after attacking well. Murphy did his job again but wickets fell around him.

Cooke dropped twice but out with a sendoff from the bowler .Lloyd lbw 4 walked and Salter given lbw on 107/7.

Then the fun started. Dai batted brilliantly supported by Timm then Hulk. Over 100 to go whittled down to almost nothing.

Leicestershire encircled the boundary but bled 6s and 4s as the nerves were visible all over the ground. Grace Road is the biggest playing area in the country but Dai cleared the stands on times. Cosgrove thought he effected a run out too. Be great to hear from others there for an eyewitness account of the drama that will surely never be forgotten.

Proper cricket is the original and best.
By exileKT8
Thank you De Lange for nearly proving me wrong, bringing some quite amazing drama and restoring some pride after what had gone before. The fears expressed on this forum about the batting, with the very honourable exception of Murphy are proving well founded.
runinthesun liked this
By glamman
Understand we have been deducted a point for slow over rate- unprofessional. Leics lose 2.
By exileKT8
As unprofessional as the batting, poor, isn`t that one of the reasons to have Lloyd and Salter pushing through some overs to get the rate up ?

I get it now re the plan to have Salter at 8 to give us 8 batsmen who hopefully produce what 3/4 recognised experienced batsmen will do in other teams. Let`s not be half hearted about this, bring in Lawlor and Brown, move Lloyd and Satler to 9 and 10, drop De Lange and TVDG. Hogan is used to being flogged so he bowls continously from one end and takes wickets quickly whilst Lloyd and Salter go for 4/5 an over at the other end.

How could it fail ?

Sorry folks but the Miracle of Bristol seems a long time ago.
By Vetchetarian
After such a heroic batting effort by de Lange, it is with a heavy heart that I may be perceived as criticising his method of dismissal.

Having flailed his bat so effectively, and with Leicestershire's fielders apparently ringed around the boundary, and with just four runs required for victory, why not just play for something more circumspect, singles, or a couple of two's. Did he not trust Hogan to hold his end up ?
To go for yet another six was perhaps just a big hit too many.

I wonder if he will wake up at night, in a cold sweat, mull it over, and come to a similar conclusion.

Well done him, anyway.
exileKT8 liked this
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:42 am
After such a heroic batting effort by de Lange, it is with a heavy heart that I may be perceived as criticising his method of dismissal.

Having flailed his bat so effectively, and with Leicestershire's fielders apparently ringed around the boundary, and with just four runs required for victory, why not just play for something more circumspect, singles, or a couple of two's. Did he not trust Hogan to hold his end up ?

I wonder if he will wake up at night, in a cold sweat, mull it over, and come to a similar conclusion.

Well done him, anyway.
Cannot really criticise De Lange - he had got us to that point by playing the way he did. In some ways we might not feel so disappointed if we had lost by 50 runs rather than 3. I was impressed by Hogan when he came in - normally he is rather lax with the bat just having a swing at everything even with someone in at the other end. Yesterday he curbed that and looked like he could hang around long enough for De Lange to finish it off. Unfortunately it is another "L".
runinthesun, exileKT8 liked this
By Vetchetarian
As the actress said to the bishop, " Inches do count ".

And so it proved yesterday. Had de Lange's attempted six been a couple of inches higher, we would be celebrating rather than feeling sad. :)
By notgoingoutreprise
Vetchetarian wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:42 am

Well done him, anyway.
When you in the zone you just carry on what has been working for you.
2nd XI

Personally I think it is very disappointing that t[…]

Another 'ton' for Compo

D.C.S.Compton, Dennis to his adoring fans', Compo […]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Royal London One Day Cup

Was hoping for a change of fortunes as a new compe[…]