A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Iron Mike
Second over after lunch Selman juggled and caught Parkinson off Hogan for30 second slip Dexter attacked successfully Salter bowled steadily before tea 174-7 Dexter 74 Hill 12 occupying the crease. Leicester's session 16.10pm

Diolch to Cynonexile.
By Iron Mike
Day 1 close
Leicestershire 191
Glamorgan 75/0

Hill beaten for pace bowled de Lange Aaron lbw de Lange Dexter caught at long on Murphy bowled Salter all out 16.48
Early runs for both openers Raine bowling tight but Aaron and Griffiths more expensive lights on 6.25pm 75-0. Chanceless stuff by the openers and good to see.

My thanks to Cynonexile.

Full bowling points with everyone getting in on the act. Hopefully set up a strong position tomorrow by carving out a big lead and bat all day.. Forecast looks a bit better next two days...be great to go into the ODC break with 50 points on the board.
By exileKT8
Well done the bowlers and hopefully without putting a jinx on them, well done the openers. Let`s give credit to whoever made the decision to turn Murphy into an opener. A good start but Leics last game shows how games can change so good luck to the Boys tomorrow and keep going.
Vetchetarian liked this
By Nick_Glam
A perhaps predictably difficult start to the day.

Hopefully one or two of our youngsters can get prove their worth.
By Nick_Glam
148-7 so effectively 73-7 for the morning session.

Even by Glamorgan standards, that is pretty dismal.
By Vetchetarian
Nick_Glam wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 1:10 pm
148-7 so effectively 73-7 for the morning session.

Even by Glamorgan standards, that is pretty dismal.
Well, Leicester were 65/6 at one stage, so nothing much between these two rather poor outfits.
I expect Glam to collapse in every innings, and they rarely let me down. :)
Nick_Glam liked this
By exileKT8
I was interested that before this game William Hill had Glammy as 5th in the betting for the title @12/1. Not based on our batting you would think. Let`s hope Salter can salvage something from another mess.
By notgoingoutreprise
We have just about stumbled on a decent opening partnership despite Selman going from feast to famine,to just barely famine.From then on its been dreadful.Donald has been abysmal.Salter is in for his batting it seems,averaging single figures so far.All in all just lost 10 wkts for 96
By Nick_Glam
Indeed.

Carlson, Donald, Cooke and Salter really need to start making some contributions with the bat.
By Vetchetarian
I doubt that Leicestershire envisaged having a first innings lead after Glam were 82/0 overnight.
So, another rather woeful batting performance, openers excepted. What's the answer ? Is there one ? What does our batting coach do now ?
By notgoingoutreprise
Vetchetarian wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 2:37 pm
I doubt that Leicestershire envisaged having a first innings lead after Glam were 82/0 overnight.
So, another rather woeful batting performance, openers excepted. What's the answer ? Is there one ? What does our batting coach do now ?
We have a batting coach? :yikes:
By Vetchetarian
notgoingoutreprise wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 3:07 pm
Vetchetarian wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 2:37 pm
We have a batting coach? :yikes:
Has Maynard left, then ?
By glamman
Maynard is in Leicester.

112 for Lawlor for his club today. We really need one of the 2s batsmen to score some runs but there isn't much to choose from.

Good interview with Matt Walker here, discussing t[…]

Independent external review

This has been done by Huw Bevan whose roles have b[…]

The cull begins

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45491721 One […]