A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Shamu
Word reaches me that the self appointed future superstar (in search of a new contract) is contemplating leaving Glamorgan for a first division county.

When I managed to stop laughing, it struck me that the young man is not only lacking in technical ability but also judgement and career guidance.

Time to grow up, knuckle down, get runs in the 2nds and groove a technique and temperament that is suited to first class cricket before being gifted another opportunity in the first team.
Immediate career path should consist of earning respect of peers, opponents and supporters as a proper cricketer, not some massively overhyped tyro.
By psychocandy
Yes a bright start and has not really kicked on after his 200 at CB.

Poor start to the season so far.
By exileKT8
Interesting Shamu, agree laughable if based on actual performance rather than supposed potential. Sadly indicative of an attitude all too common in modern sport. Perhaps let`s give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he`s been badly advised.
By ffynnongarw
It may well be that he sees his future as a white ball player like so many other cricketers these days. Eoin Morgan has stated that most of the youngsters he meets are more interested in white ball cricket. With the potential rewards available it is easy to understand. Increasingly cricketers are not interested in County/Test match careers. Donald has great potential as a 1 day player.
By Vetchetarian
Shamu wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 2:07 pm
Word reaches me that the self appointed future superstar (in search of a new contract) is contemplating leaving Glamorgan for a first division county.

When I managed to stop laughing, it struck me that the young man is not only lacking in technical ability but also judgement and career guidance.

Time to grow up, knuckle down, get runs in the 2nds and groove a technique and temperament that is suited to first class cricket before being gifted another opportunity in the first team.
Immediate career path should consist of earning respect of peers, opponents and supporters as a proper cricketer, not some massively overhyped tyro.
"Word reaches me... "

Source ?
By glamman
psychocandy wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:49 pm
glamman wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:43 pm
As predicted, Donald playing for the 2's today.
Good idea. Wagg captain of the 2nds?
Yes - Wagg captain - chasing a target of 314 set by a Gloucs team including Hankins, Dent, Cockbain, Taylor, van Buuren and Noema-Barnett

Donald opening with Morgan - He has 22 off 13 balls so far
By psychocandy
glamman wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:09 pm
psychocandy wrote:
glamman wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:43 pm
As predicted, Donald playing for the 2's today.
Yes - Wagg captain - chasing a target of 314 set by a Gloucs team including Hankins, Dent, Cockbain, Taylor, van Buuren and Noema-Barnett

Fair play. Not saying 2nds is that low a standard but his fast scoring worries me a bit.

It might work in 2nds cricket but when hes facing world class bowlers in the 1sts his cavalier attitude needs to be reigned in a bit because it wont work all the time.
By glamman
psychocandy wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:13 pm
glamman wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:09 pm
psychocandy wrote:

Fair play. Not saying 2nds is that low a standard but his fast scoring worries me a bit.

It might work in 2nds cricket but when hes facing world class bowlers in the 1sts his cavalier attitude needs to be reigned in a bit because it wont work all the time.
He is certainly more suited to white ball cricket where the ball soon stops moving around. He has taken Noema-Barnett for 15 off 2 overs.
The End of Test Cricket

The current format of Test Cricket Tours is going […]

2nd XI

2nd XI getting in a strong position in their frien[…]

Somerset v Glamorgan

The weather seems likely to end up the winner toda[…]

T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]