A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
glamman wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:09 pm
Pleased to see the umpires kept them out there. Hopefully Gloucs will lose points and I would expect Glamorgan to be similalry penalised if it was the other way around.
Were they time wasting ? If so, I am disappointed by that kind of behaviour. No need for it. Let football have all those negative traits.

Excellent win, marred only by a stuttering finale, but we shouldn't be too critical after such a terrific overall effort.
notgoingoutreprise wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:27 pm
In poor light and everybody on the boundary the win was achieved.The openers 92 and 94 strike rate not too shabby I would say
Selman and Murphy's 50 opening partnership set the ship on the right tack. If they had gone cheaply, goodness knows what mayhem could have followed.
Overall, they had two good partnerships.
Day 4 end of match
Gloucestershire 236 & 372
Glamorgan 526/9d & 85/4 won by 6 wickets.

Those there today must have have no fingernails left. Today proves proper cricket is the best format of all.

On Sunday evening Bracey and Higgins were the two who were going to enforce a 4th innings and win two more sessions . Well they did...I've lost count how many times have we done that to the opposition and tried hard to defend a lowish 4th innings total. It's lovely to get over the line and start off with a win.
By Welwyn
Disappointing that we let them off the hook in both innings and it could have cost us. Despite this, plenty of positives.

Oh and the possibility that Middlesex might be without TRJ, Murtagh and Harris means we are getting them at about as good a time as possible.
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:15 pm
glamman wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:09 pm
Pleased to see the umpires kept them out there. Hopefully Gloucs will lose points and I would expect Glamorgan to be similalry penalised if it was the other way around.
Were they time wasting ? If so, I am disappointed by that kind of behaviour. No need for it. Let football have all those negative traits.

Excellent win, marred only by a stuttering finale, but we shouldn't be too critical after such a terrific overall effort.
The commentary suggested the main reason they were still playing in the poor light at the end was the Gloucestershire time wasting. Otherwise they might have gone off.
Great start for Glammy so pleased to have a positive result to start the season! :clap: Also shows some of the excitement of the longer form of the game, really close finish. So pleased we came through in the end.

Massive positives - Carey and de Lange in the wickets. Hogan providing the control. Hundreds for LLoyd and Marsh, we really struggled for centuries last season so good to have two straightaway. Nice to see Murphy getting some runs too, we're desperate for an opener to come through.

Unanswered concerns - 4th bowler, Lloyd with control but no wickets and Salter still not getting wickets even with a good amount of overs. Dismissing the tail, we seem to struggle with this every year, the lack of a quality spinner doesn't help with this. Selman and Donald, the two batsmen I think still with a lot to prove.
exileKT8 liked this
glamman wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:29 pm
Selman has runs in the bank from last season and this winter in Australia. I think Donald is the person who could be left out for another bowling all rounder.
Lloyd will never be a good enough bowler,and probably could say the same about Salter
By glamman
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:34 pm
glamman wrote:
Selman has runs in the bank from last season and this winter in Australia. I think Donald is the person who could be left out for another bowling all rounder.
Lloyd will never be a good enough bowler,and probably could say the same about Salter
Lloyd needs to get in the side as a batsman. Smith, Meschede or Wagg can play as the 4th seamer who can score some runs. If Bull keeps taking wickets for the 2nds then he might be in consideration but given the lack of help from the pitches for spin I would stick with Salter with his batting ability.
glamman wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:54 pm
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:34 pm
glamman wrote:
Lloyd needs to get in the side as a batsman. Smith, Meschede or Wagg can play as the 4th seamer who can score some runs. If Bull keeps taking wickets for the 2nds then he might be in consideration but given the lack of help from the pitches for spin I would stick with Salter with his batting ability.
Salter should be in the side for his bowling.In 45 FC matches he has taken only 65 wkts,time for a change
By Nick_Glam
Salter obviously deserves to keep his place as he was one of our best batsmen last season.

I agree with others though that the 4th bowler situation is an issue and it could easily cost us on another day.
By glamman
How many spinners are taking wickets in Championship cricket given the pitches played on?
However someone has to bowl with the old ball and helps over rate. As I said, if Bull performs well in 2nds maybe bring him in. He was doing well before his back problems. For present I would stick with Salter.
So how close did they come to going off for light?

Watching score online I thought they had plenty of time but I guess not. Guess this is why Donald hit 4 and 6 to finish it.

So did Glos really try to waste time? Bad form if they did do this. Can imagine this being counter-productive though because the umpires are going to be less keen to go off if they feel one side it taking the p a bit.
2nd XI

Personally I think it is very disappointing that t[…]

Another 'ton' for Compo

D.C.S.Compton, Dennis to his adoring fans', Compo […]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Royal London One Day Cup

Was hoping for a change of fortunes as a new compe[…]