A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Vetchetarian
Lifted this from Glam website.

Re Lukas Carey.

" As far as personal milestones are concerned, this could be a match to remember for Lukas, who goes into the first red ball contest of the summer with 48 first-class wickets to his name.
This will be only his 15th first-class appearance and if he takes the 2 wickets he requires in this contest, he will reach the landmark of 50 wickets in one game fewer than Steve Watkin and Darren Thomas, and two quicker than James Harris ".

Well, let's hope he realises the target, and goes on to emulate the great achievements of the illustrious trio mentioned above.

:clap: ( in anticipation ).
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:41 pm
Lifted this from Glam website.

Re Lukas Carey.

" As far as personal milestones are concerned, this could be a match to remember for Lukas, who goes into the first red ball contest of the summer with 48 first-class wickets to his name.
This will be only his 15th first-class appearance and if he takes the 2 wickets he requires in this contest, he will reach the landmark of 50 wickets in one game fewer than Steve Watkin and Darren Thomas, and two quicker than James Harris ".

Well, let's hope he realises the target, and goes on to emulate the great achievements of the illustrious trio mentioned above.

:clap: ( in anticipation ).
Preseason he has regularly had the next best figures after Hogan. Gaining more consistency which is the main problem for the young seamers. I expect him to do well this season.
By glamman
No great surprises with squad:
Hogan (C), Selman, Murphy, Marsh, Carlson, Donald, Cooke, Lloyd, Salter, Carey, de Lange, van der Gugten
Expect either de Lange or TvdG to miss out.
Hopefully Donald will start scoring runs otherwise might have to make way.
By Welwyn
glamman wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:33 pm
Hogan (C), Selman, Murphy, Marsh, Carlson, Donald, Cooke, Lloyd, Salter, Carey, de Lange, van der Gugten
Looks like Murphy's opening then.
By glamman
Welwyn wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:47 pm
glamman wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:33 pm
Looks like Murphy's opening then.
49 yesterday. However I worry that he is being asked to do something he is not quite equipped to do. One of a steady stream of players over recent years who have been asked to fill the opener role and have crashed and burned. Personally I would have stuck with Brown as I think he is used to opening.
I am sure we wish him all the best of luck.
By glamman
No surprises Hogan puts Gloucs in.

TvdG left out. Personally would prefer to see Meschede, Wagg or Smith coming in at 8 instead of Lloyd but if conditions favour the bowlers Hogan, Carey and De Lange should be able to do the job. Not sure how potent Lloyd is in Championship cricket. Meschede, Wagg and Smith certainly good enough batsmen to play 7 or 8.
exileKT8 liked this
Nick_Glam wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:07 pm
86-4 at lunch. A good morning and no surprise that it was the 3 main bowlers who shared the wickets.

Hard to judge yet though knowing how our batsmen will cope...
If the 3 main bowlers don't take the wickets, then we are in the cachi. :)
exileKT8 liked this

First proper one dayer of the summer and a day gam[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Somerset v Glamorgan ODC 20 May

Match 2 and a trip to Taunton. Should be a good on[…]

Royal London One Day Cup

Was hoping for a change of fortunes as a new compe[…]