A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Welwyn
glamman wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:30 am
2nd XI friendly today.
Glamorgan line up:
Selman, Murphy, Brown, Morgan, Wagg*, Meschede, Lawlor, Smith, Cullen, Bevan, Bull, McIlroy

I hope Lawlor is batting higher than 7.

Assume 1 out of Murphy and Brown will be in Bristol on Friday with Selman. Murphy looks like another who they are trying to make into an opener - the others over recent years have all come to grief. I thought Brown has grown up opening.

Don't know much about McIlroy - born in Hereford, educated in Wales and has played for Herefordshire and one game for Wales 2nds last season. 23 year old left arm seamer.
We allowed to move guys over then? Seeing as that game finishes on the Friday was trying to work out who on earth would open for us with them all playing.
By glamman
Welwyn wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:44 pm
glamman wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:30 am
2nd XI friendly today.
Glamorgan line up:
Selman, Murphy, Brown, Morgan, Wagg*, Meschede, Lawlor, Smith, Cullen, Bevan, Bull, McIlroy

I hope Lawlor is batting higher than 7.

Assume 1 out of Murphy and Brown will be in Bristol on Friday with Selman. Murphy looks like another who they are trying to make into an opener - the others over recent years have all come to grief. I thought Brown has grown up opening.

Don't know much about McIlroy - born in Hereford, educated in Wales and has played for Herefordshire and one game for Wales 2nds last season. 23 year old left arm seamer.
We allowed to move guys over then? Seeing as that game finishes on the Friday was trying to work out who on earth would open for us with them all playing.
Yes. Gloucs have said they might do it if Norwell gets through today. It's just a friendly warm up game.
By glamman
Murphy probably batting himself into the opener spot for Friday. Good luck to him.
By glamman
Just as I say that Murphy out for 45.

Not sure why Wagg coming in at 5 but I guess captain's prerogative!
By glamman
glamman wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:28 pm
Just as I say that Murphy out for 45.

Not sure why Wagg coming in at 5 but I guess captain's prerogative!
Wagg with a 19 ball duck. Still no Lawlor. Not sure why he is still in the squad if being treated like this.
By glamman
Bowlers on top - 28 consecutive balls with no run and one wicket
By glamman
Our website as useless as ever - nothing about today's 2nd XI game and the online scorecard has frozen at around 5pm.

Kwaja is a good signing to strengthen the batting for the T20.
By glamman
Good to see our under 19 World Cup players getting a bowl today.

Good interview with Matt Walker here, discussing t[…]

Independent external review

This has been done by Huw Bevan whose roles have b[…]

The cull begins

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45491721 One […]