A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By johnwales
At a time when we are mourning the great history of our beloved county, which many touring teams of the past labelled ' the sixth test'; let us spend a few minutes selecting the greatest post war X1. One guy for each position, but make a second choice if you so wish. Here is my team.

Hugh Morris Alun Jones
W.G.A. Parkhouse.
W.E Jones. Matthew Maynard
A R Lewis.
A J Watkins
P M Walker
J S Presdee
D.L. Evans w/k
J E McConnon R D B Croft
D J Shepherd
I J Jones
S Jones

12 selected there up to Captain Tony Lewis to decide who to leave out on the first morning. Excluded all overseas players for obvious reasons.
Vetchetarian liked this
By Vetchetarian
Clearly not much interest in Glam's glorious past. Presumably they weren't unlucky enough to warrant any comments. :)

Always very difficult selecting a best team from a plethora of highly talented cricketers.

I'd like to add a few names, viz, Wilf Wooller, Ossie Wheatley; Steve James; Euros Lewis; Eifion Jones; Alan Butcher; Tony Cordle; Lawrence Williams; Malcolm Nash. I could go on, but that will do. Add these to your list and there's probably enough to make two teams that would wipe the floor with the current crop. And they wouldn't need much luck to achieve it.
By johnwales
To be honest, add those and as you say a few others, and you would probably have a team that would win the Ashes !!!!!
By Vetchetarian
johnwales wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:02 pm
To be honest, add those and as you say a few others, and you would probably have a team that would win the Ashes !!!!!
I'd happily settle for a Championship win to add to 1948, 1969, and 1997. :)
By johnwales
Sods law, we win last two games; and Hugh Morris announces ' the policy is beginning to work ' !!!
By Vetchetarian
johnwales wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:59 pm
Sods law, we win last two games; and Hugh Morris announces ' the policy is beginning to work ' !!!
That's exactly what they are hoping for.
By psychocandy
In a way I'm sort of hoping we get tumped last two games otherwise like you said, nothing will change.

Like the email advert telling us to get int here quick to get next years season ticket. Can't see there being a queue of people outside the ground at 9am to be honest....
By exileKT8
If anyone fancies Glammy to win these last two games get onto William Hill who have Kent 2/9 to win with Glammy at 10/3 . Never seen such odds for County Cricket game.
psychocandy liked this
By johnwales
Kind of agree with the getting thumped attitude !! Often used to feel once the Wales rugby team were down by 15 points, I hoped there would be a basket full of tries for the opposing side, so that changes would be made in the management and team.
By psychocandy
exileKT8 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:49 am
If anyone fancies Glammy to win these last two games get onto William Hill who have Kent 2/9 to win with Glammy at 10/3 . Never seen such odds for County Cricket game.
Without seeing the weather forecast, all my money on Kent then!
promotion

there you go i have said it! we are going to be i[…]

Steven Crook

Is retiring at the end of the season. The right de[…]

Oli Stone

Leg side Lizzy - cricket reporter for print and BB[…]

Away v Gloucs

Finally, Rob Newton is back and, unsurprisingly, d[…]