A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Not sure there is much in the pitch for the seamers. Seems to have got better as the game has gone on. Salter doing a reasonable job. But would like to see Bull given a go. Problem remains not enough runs.
By Iron Mike
Day 4 end
Warwickshire 250 & 294/6 beat
Glamorgan 220 & 323 by 4 wickets

Day 4 can and is often the most gripping of the cc. It had its moments alright.

Openers Sibley and Rhodes started the first session on the final day confidently bringing up the 50 in the 20th over. Sibley was caught by Smith off Salter for 19, bringing Bell to the crease.
Rhodes and Bell comfortably batter until lunch with Warwicks on 119-1 requiring another 175 for victory.

The first over after lunch Rhodes was caught by Cooke off the bowling of Salter with the score on 119 bringing Trott in to bat. At tea 221-2 Bell unbeaten on 73 and Trott 65 again showing their class.

Second over after tea Trott lbw LLoyd 67. Second ball Hain b LLoyd 0 one end open! 62 still needed new ball taken 36 runs to get. Ambrose lbw Salter 21 with 8 still to get then Barker ct Selman bSalter 0 who bowled well in both innings.

My thanks to Lord Aberdare and Lord Llanover from Edgbaston.

Not to be but a very good match throughout. Bell unbeaten 106 and 115 the difference. We don't come up against him too often and a reminder to aspiring young batsmen of what you can achieve in your career.

Bring on Derbyshire at Swansea who themselves lost a seesaw at Durham.
By Vetchetarian
exileKT8 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:29 pm
Bell may have been the difference but before this match he had gone two years without a 4 day hundred, then along come Glammy and he gets two in three days.
And both were NOT OUT. I find that the most disappointing and embarrassing aspect of yet another defeat.
exileKT8 wrote:
Bell may have been the difference but before this match he had gone two years without a 4 day hundred, then along come Glammy and he gets two in three days.
Two years in the 1st div,and against much better attacks.Smith and LLoyd are no better than 4th seamers,and despite a career best of 4-80 Salter is not going to strike fear into the opposition.Also compare bowling attacks,this Glamorgan side has around 330 first class wickets,whilst Warwickshire in excessive of 1500,literally men against boys.On a positive note although no 100 partnership yet,Selman and Murphy have now I think over 6 1st wkt partnerships of over 50
By Vetchetarian
Glamorgan on 39 points, with Northants propping up the table with just 19. So how bad are Northants ?

Surely there must be a Minor Counties team, or two, who could replace these deadbeat sides ?
By glamman
notgoingoutreprise wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:01 pm
exileKT8 wrote:
Two years in the 1st div,and against much better attacks.Smith and LLoyd are no better than 4th seamers,and despite a career best of 4-80 Salter is not going to strike fear into the opposition.Also compare bowling attacks,this Glamorgan side has around 330 first class wickets,whilst Warwickshire in excessive of 1500,literally men against boys.On a positive note although no 100 partnership yet,Selman and Murphy have now I think over 6 1st wkt partnerships of over 50
Not sure why Smith bowled so few overs. No more expensive than the other seamers.
By exileKT8
No dispute that Ian Bell`s return to form was against an attack way below what he would have faced in Div1 or as part of my point in Div 2 this year. Add in no Hogan or De Lange and a wicket that sounds as though it was placid if slow, then it was an ideal time for a player of Bell`s experience to come back to form. Bell, Trott and Khawaja seem to be have been a level above the rest as you may expect.

Boys, don`t get too excited about Northants who have given us some hammerings in recent years and Glammy`s ability to let teams and players rediscover their form.
By glamman
I didn’t see very much of the game but my impression was that the bowlers did pretty well to dismiss Warwickshire for just 250 in the 1st innings after we had won the toss and only scored 220. The pitch then flattened out and we should have scored more in the 2nd innings. Lack of runs for the bowlers to work with seems the issue.

Now that he's fit, is there an argument to play Me[…]

Sussex v Glamorgan

Nice trip then to the south east cost for game thi[…]

2nd XI

2nd XI getting in a strong position in their frien[…]

In's & outs

Who is out & who is coming in for next season.[…]