A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
I'm pleased to see Carey getting a run out with the 2's today. He's not going to improve carrying drinks as he has been doing for the last couple of weeks, not playing any cricket since the 29th April.
By glamman
2nds get a win today over Sussex by 104 runs.
50s for Smith and Taylor in setting a total of 217.
Carey then starred with the ball taking 5/25 off his 10 overs as Sussex were bowled out for 113.
By glamman
Shame the website cannot be bothered to report the 2nds win today.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:13 pm
Shame the website cannot be bothered to report the 2nds win today.
Your earlier reference made me seek out the match details, and I was surprised to find no mention of it.
By glamman
Wagg playing for 2s today so looks like the same 12 for Friday as for Leics game other than Ingram for Carlson. Seems like we will be choosing from just 14 players (includes Kawaja) for the season.
By glamman
My guess for the squad on Friday:
Selman
Lloyd
Marsh
Ingram
Donald
Cooke
Wagg
Salter
TvdG
De Lange
Hogan
Carey
Murphy

The two to miss out will be Murphy plus a seamer. De Lange's performances with the bat put him in a strong position and he may oust Wagg. Carey had great figures for the 2s this week but has only taken 3 wickets in 4 list A games at an average of 61. Econ 6.1. However needs to be given the chance after missing out on the last 2 Championship games.
By glamman
While it seems inevitable that Wagg will be in the squad and likely play on Friday it does not seem a progressive step if he keeps Smith or Carey out. Lets carry on backing the youngsters after their performances at the end of last season and see where it takes us. We have enough experience in the side already.
By glamman
Just comparing SMith and Wagg's stats so far this season for the 2nds:
Wagg 123 runs at average of 17.6; Smith 145 runs at 20.7
Wagg 6 wickets at 38 a piece; Smith 9 wickets at 29.8
Smith the future - Wagg the past.
2nd XI

2nd XI getting in a strong position in their frien[…]

The End of Test Cricket

The current format of Test Cricket Tours is going […]

In's & outs

Who is out & who is coming in for next season.[…]

Sussex v Glamorgan