A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
It looks like the club are backing the youngsters and I think this is reasonable given the showings against Sussex at Colwyn Bay and in the last game of the season against Kent, allbeit that Kent were probably demotivated by being out of the promotion hunt. There were promising signs from Brown and hopefully Lloyd will regain some of the form he showed a couple of seasons ago. It would have been nice to have had Bragg giving some experience to the batting alongside Marsh in the 4 day game but with Marsh and Ingram in the white ball team they should hopefully be able to hold things together. Hopefully Selman, despite his relative youth will be able to play the anchor role. I don't expect fireworks from the 4 day team but I think they are moving forward.
The seam bowling looks OK as long as Hogan and TvdG stay fit but the spin department looks a but fragile with players being selected more as batsmen than bowlers. Fortunately spin does not have too much influence in Championship cricket given the timetable. They can have more of an influence in white ball cricket and I assume Salter and Ingram will fulfil that role.
Here's hoping for further improvement but we might need to be patient and have faith that the management staff are backing the right horses.
Independent external review

This has been done by Huw Bevan whose roles have b[…]

The cull begins

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45491721 One […]

World's Gone Mad

Never mind Brexit what about Flog It!. Cancelle[…]