A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:59 pm
Vetchetarian wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:09 pm
I forgot to mention that The Aussie's love playing in Cardiff. That's reason enough for Cardiff to continue hosting The Ashes.
Surprised you haven't demanded that a Test be played at St Helens. If it is as good as the SWALEC for Glamorgan...?
Such a foolish post. No further comment needed.
By Vetchetarian
ffynnongarw wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:08 pm
Allocating games to Cardiff had the effect of shaking traditional venues out of their complacency and spurring major investments which were badly needed at grounds like Edgbaston.

Not sure why Australia like playing at Cardiff, they failed to win either Ashes test and have lost a 50 over game against Bangladesh. England have a good record in all competitions at Cardiff.
Why wouldn't they like playing at Cardiff ? It's a nice City. People are friendly and agreeable. Have you ever been there ?
By johnsantaclaws
Apologies, of course I meant Colwyn Bay rather than Llandudno, which is the seaside resort next door.

As I tried to indicate, I applaud the use of out-grounds for county championship matches - and a match at the seaside in late August, between Glamorgan and Warwickshire seems a splendid idea. I hope it is well attended by both sets of supporters.

I mentioned this to put the Cardiff/Swansea rivalry into better perspective. Glamorgan are prepared to leave Cardiff to play in North Wales.

The ECB's policy of using competition from Cardiff, Southampton and Durham to stimulate ground improvements at the six traditional venues has not been a resounding success. Durham had to be rescued by the ECB; and other counties have been bailed out by local councils and/or sugar daddies.

It remains to be seen how money spent on ground improvements will affect/distort the allocation of matches in the new T20 competition.
By Vetchetarian
johnsantaclaws wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:55 am
Apologies, of course I meant Colwyn Bay rather than Llandudno, which is the seaside resort next door.

As I tried to indicate, I applaud the use of out-grounds for county championship matches - and a match at the seaside in late August, between Glamorgan and Warwickshire seems a splendid idea. I hope it is well attended by both sets of supporters.

I mentioned this to put the Cardiff/Swansea rivalry into better perspective. Glamorgan are prepared to leave Cardiff to play in North Wales.

The ECB's policy of using competition from Cardiff, Southampton and Durham to stimulate ground improvements at the six traditional venues has not been a resounding success. Durham had to be rescued by the ECB; and other counties have been bailed out by local councils and/or sugar daddies.

It remains to be seen how money spent on ground improvements will affect/distort the allocation of matches in the new T20 competition.
There is no rivalry as such between Swansea and Cardiff when it comes to Glamorgan CCC. It's a fait accompli, with most games being played in Cardiff. I only raised the issue because some Cardiff based supporters were complaining about the number of games played at Cardiff. I found it quite laughable. Sadly others, with little or no sense of humour, took umbrage at my posts.
The rest...as they say.
Will Bragg retires.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42082869 I had a snea[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]

Unacceptable behaviour.

Stokes. Bairstow. Duckett. Just what is going on […]