A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
Seems like an ambitious signing. It is obviously a concern though that he is likely to be missing for the start of the season.
By otis
Expect this signing ends any hope of an opening batsman again this season.
By exileKT8
Has Marsh been signed to open, has he opened in red ball cricket ? I think he has in T20. Not out overnight in Brisbane, knowing Glammy`s previous good luck what price he has a big Ashes series and his international career is re born.
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:18 pm
Has Marsh been signed to open, has he opened in red ball cricket ? I think he has in T20. Not out overnight in Brisbane, knowing Glammy`s previous good luck what price he has a big Ashes series and his international career is re born.
I think he opens for WA in Shield cricket.
By glamman
otis wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Thought he was a top order batsman not an opener.
I am not sure what the difference is?
The last 3 games he played for WA before the Test were Sheffield Shield games and he opened in each of them.
By Ger27
I think my preference would be to see Marsh bat at number 3, with the hope that Selman gets a new opening partner who he can bat with for the whole season (and ideally years to come).

I'm still worried, especially given the potentially sad outcome of Brand's visa application, that (yet again) we can't compete for promotion due to a lack of quality out-and-out batsmen at the club. As it stands, it looks like we'll be entering the season with just 5 out-and-out batsmen in the first-team squad. In the 5, I include Carlson who will miss games due to Uni, and Bragg who may not be available for selection anyway.

Would be a real shame to throw the Championship season away so early due to having to play Morgan/Salter at number 3 again, which wouldn't be fair on either of them.
By glamman
My policy is that your best batsman goes in at 3 - it's the most important position as shown by the struggles England have had. Therefore have no problems with Marsh at 3.
By Welwyn
My initial thought was to stick him at 4. However, with Bragg's retirement we may need him to open in all formats.
By glamman
Welwyn wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:45 pm
My initial thought was to stick him at 4. However, with Bragg's retirement we may need him to open in all formats.
When he becomes available Marsh will open or bat 3.
Will Bragg retires.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42082869 I had a snea[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]

Unacceptable behaviour.

Stokes. Bairstow. Duckett. Just what is going on […]