A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Shamu
"I guess Harris looks attractive from the cultural make up of the side and Hogan is not going to go on for ever. However he is not the bowler he was"

Hmmm - 69 Division 1 wickets in 2015.
31 First Class wickets at 23 this year - and averaging over 30 in F/C cricket in recent seasons !
No, with hindsight and the benefit of your wisdom, I concur - he certainly wouldn't improve Glammy πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
By glamman
Shamu wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:07 am
"I guess Harris looks attractive from the cultural make up of the side and Hogan is not going to go on for ever. However he is not the bowler he was"

Hmmm - 69 Division 1 wickets in 2015.
31 First Class wickets at 23 this year - and averaging over 30 in F/C cricket in recent seasons !
No, with hindsight and the benefit of your wisdom, I concur - he certainly wouldn't improve Glammy πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
In 6 Championship games (2 for Middx and 4 for Kent) he has taken 26 wickets at 25.8. Better than I had thought and he has obviously taken some wickets when out on loan to Kent but has struggled to keep his place in the Middx team over recent years so I would stick to my statement that he is not the bowler he was when he was challenging for an England place. He would be a reasonable acquisition to replace Hogan, but I would not want him to block Carey's development.
By Shamu
So, you've not included the season opener Champions County match v M.C.C in Abu Dhabi in your diligent investigations. ?

Tut Tut ! 😁
By glamman
Allenby not really bowling in this year's T20 and not scoring many runs. Not sure how good a signing he would be at this point in his career. However am sure he is a better opening option than Selman.
By glamman
Shamu wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:14 am
So, you've not included the season opener Champions County match v M.C.C in Abu Dhabi in your diligent investigations. ?

Tut Tut ! 😁
Difficult to find any useful stats now. ECB website is dreadful and Cricket Archive is now charging.
By GlammyRay
Interesting not sure if Allenby has the captaincy skills from what I saw on Sunday off him.

James Harris - I think that his bowling action has been messed around hence the lack of progress and I think he could strengthen the bowling and perhaps a future captain in a season or 2 times.

I do think we need a batsman/ captain who can help the youngsters develop.

As for Selman I really believe he is a gem from what I have seen and will develop into a very fine player for us. I do think we need to be patient with him though!

I know I keep saying this but patience is the key and it does feel like 1987 again when things started to improve but it did take time.

I've just come across this - which might interest […]

Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]